Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Marketing Help
Pepperth 12:08 PM 09-22-2018
I've been reading the message boards about marketing, and I'm trying to figure out a few new ideas. When I google "preschool" and my city, the school at which I work doesn't show up on the map of suggestions. In fact, it doesn't show up on the first page of google results. (there is not that many preschools in this town, so its not a great excuse really.) Does anybody know how to make it appear on the map on google or as one of the first hits?

I am presenting a few other marketing ideas such as a referral system and boosting a facebook ad. Are there any other money-conscious ideas out there?
CalCare 12:12 PM 09-22-2018
I think the best way to be seen in the community is to go do events IN the community. I used to work for a woman who did all the events- every little festival, every big festival, every kid's event at malls, parks, everything. I do a couple but I am full and I don't need to. But as a large center, I think it's necessary to keep doing these eventseating families and be seen all the time.
Michael 01:33 PM 09-22-2018
Pay Google. Pretty much everyone else does. Its why they are a trillion dollar company. They pretty much have retaught the public that they are the internet. Yes, they are a monopoly and putting small businesses like Daycare.com out of business. But we are holding the line!
Pepperth 02:24 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Michael:
Pay Google. Pretty much everyone else does. Its why they are a trillion dollar company. They pretty much have retaught the public that they are the internet. Yes, they are a monopoly and putting small businesses like Daycare.com out of business. But we are holding the line!
I have to say...you are my go to source for anything daycare, and 100 percent my go to source for rational people to seek advice from. Thanks for having daycare.com.
MarinaVanessa 12:29 PM 09-25-2018
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I've been reading the message boards about marketing, and I'm trying to figure out a few new ideas. When I google "preschool" and my city, the school at which I work doesn't show up on the map of suggestions. In fact, it doesn't show up on the first page of google results. (there is not that many preschools in this town, so its not a great excuse really.) Does anybody know how to make it appear on the map on google or as one of the first hits?

I am presenting a few other marketing ideas such as a referral system and boosting a facebook ad. Are there any other money-conscious ideas out there?
Have you guys claimed your Google Business spot? If not you can do it and create a basic listing for free to add yourselves on the map. Add your website address to your ad and use creative content. Add your logo, appealing photos of your space (great lighting, appealing angles etc). And add searchable tags to your listing (daycare, child care, childcare, your city, etc). All will boost your spot in the listing for free, you may want to bite the bullet and pay for a higher listing like Michael says but even then the options above will also boost you even with a paid boost.
Tags:monopoly
Reply Up