Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Did I Get Myself Into?
Unregistered 05:23 PM 09-01-2010
I didn't know where to turn, and I came across this forum, so I would appreciate any advice here. I have had a home day care for a few years, after quitting my job to stay home with my son. Although it can be stressful and busy, things have gone well overall. Recently, I had an opening and a friend asked if I could take on her 2 year old. She is a single mom and she struggles a bit, but she pays me the same as all the others.

The problem is that her daughter is loud, extremely whiny, and instigates fights with the other kids. She is wild and into everything, and she doesn't listen to "no no" and does whatever she wants. Time-outs do not work either. She has ruined my furniture, written on walls, and IF she naps, she takes the opportunity to take off her diaper and wipe poop on the walls. It's just endless with her. She has been a HUGE headache to me and none of the other children like her.

My problem is that I feel bad for my friend because she really has no one else to watch her daughter. I don't know if I can bring myself to tell her that I can't have her daughter in my care any longer. On the other hand, I do not want this child here any more. I know I can't have it both ways....what do I do??
Tags:2 year old, autism, child from hell, destructive, friend's children, out of control
Up