Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Earliest Age For Boys Potty Training?
midaycare 10:21 AM 01-08-2015
I have a dcg who is my first here to potty train - I have 9, all in diapers, although only 6 per day . It's a lot of diapers!!!

Today dcb, age 18 months, comes in, watches dcg use her little potty and has been pulling off his diaper and using it all day.

It seems awful early to me and I don't think the parents have started training him at all. Don't get me wrong - it's great!
Shell 10:24 AM 01-08-2015
My oldest ds was trained at 18 months- he always watched the older ones go, would go on his own. We did the naked over the 3 day weekend, and it worked. My little guy is 20 months and hasn't gotten the hang of it just yet- each kid does things at a different pace. Enjoy one less diaper
midaycare 10:27 AM 01-08-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
Enjoy one less diaper
Oh will I ever!!!
Controlled Chaos 10:49 AM 01-08-2015
My Ds was trained completely by 19 m I was training 2 dcb who were 2.5 and my son just tagged along
preschoolteacher 10:51 AM 01-08-2015
I'm so impressed by that. My son just potty trained in literally one day at 2 years, 4 months. He had one accident and ever since asks to go every time and does it all himself. It's been three weeks since an accident so I'm thinking he's probably officially trained!
Blackcat31 11:33 AM 01-08-2015
Both of my own kids (one boy, one girl) were completely trained before age 2.

In 20+ years of being in business, I've only had maybe 3-4 kids be trained before 2.5 yrs old.
midaycare 01:51 PM 01-08-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Both of my own kids (one boy, one girl) were completely trained before age 2.

In 20+ years of being in business, I've only had maybe 3-4 kids be trained before 2.5 yrs old.
That was kind of my thinking - that it was rare. I'm impressed with your own being trained so young!
daycare 02:02 PM 01-08-2015
I would go by ability not age, but if I were to give an average of how old most of my dcbs are about 35 months or so before they even start.
Blackcat31 03:19 PM 01-08-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
That was kind of my thinking - that it was rare. I'm impressed with your own being trained so young!
Looking back though I know I didn't approach it correctly.

My DD was easy but with my DS, he was NOT ready and since being ready wasn't something the "experts" ever mentioned, I didn't know about "readiness" like we do now so it was a struggle but he was trained (albeit via tears and all) by the time he was 2 because that is just what you did back then.

I would totally do it differently now though if I could have a re-do.
itlw8 04:05 PM 01-09-2015
before pull ups and such busy lives it was fairly normal at 18 to 24 months But yes these days it is rare. people are on the go to much
Tags:potty training - age, potty training - boys
Reply Up