Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ahhhhh!!!
mainemomma 03:47 AM 06-24-2010
So yesterday MY 2.5 year old was standing next to our 'junk' drawer with a blue and red permanent marker in his hands...I quickly took them away and though to myself 'whew that was a close one!'.....so he kept going back to the drawer and I would move him away and ask him to go play....so fast forward about 5 hours...I notice red marker on my black dishwasher and was really bummed, but got over it since you cant really see it. Little later I open the junk drawer and hear hubby say "oh my goodness!" I look and all over BOTH sides of the drawer is COVERED in blue marker! GAH!!! I am a tad OCD with my house and can not believe I didn't see him do it, my helper didn't see him, or any of the 7 other kids! *sigh* I have a parent bringing a magic eraser over....I hope it works!!!!

marker2.jpg

marker.jpg
Attached:
TGT09 05:08 AM 06-24-2010
Oh yikes! I don't even have markers where kids can reach them on their own...they have to ask for them.
mainemomma 05:25 AM 06-24-2010
Well, they are normally up, however I used them the other night to make some child folders, lazily put them in the drawer, instead of downstair's in my office area...totally my fault for them being down
Childminder 06:47 AM 06-24-2010
Rubbing Alcohol will remove the marker. Even from skin. Year ago my bff's daughter and my DD decided to write all over each other with permanent marker while the mom and I were visiting a bottle of wine. Isopropyl alcohol instantly removed it. Works on painted walls and should work on the drawers AND dishwasher.
tmcp2001 06:58 AM 06-24-2010
Toothpaste!!! It got black permanent marker off my oak table... Good luck!
originalkat 07:21 AM 06-24-2010
I am thinking the Magic Eraser will work well. Let us know if it comes off!!
mainemomma 08:32 AM 06-24-2010
IT CAME OFF!!! I am so impressed with the magic eraser! I have never used them before but will keep one on hand for sure now! Feeling much better its gone lol Took it right of the drawer AND the dishwasher! Whew.
professionalmom 08:43 AM 06-24-2010
Originally Posted by mainemomma:
IT CAME OFF!!! I am so impressed with the magic eraser! I have never used them before but will keep one on hand for sure now! Feeling much better its gone lol Took it right of the drawer AND the dishwasher! Whew.
Keep one on hand? You are so funny! I keep at least 4-8 at all times. Once every week or two, I got through the house and get all the marks, nicks, smudges, etc off all my walls, doors, appliances, etc. But I have OCD and can't stand dingy looking walls, doors, etc. in MY house. Oddly, I only have the OCD for MY house and no one else's. Other than the Magic Erasers, I have a chemical free home. But, I just can't find anything quite as good for some of these things the Magic Eraser ... erases. Although baking soda and vinegar and usually my first try.

I fear the day they decide to discontinue them. It's happened to me before and I just CAN'T lose these.
originalkat 11:06 AM 06-24-2010
I have also used Magic Erasers in the car. I looked at the doors one day and the kids handles looked all dirty and the door panels had dirt smudges. I tried soap and water and got nowhere. I broke out my Magic Eraser and it came off like...well...MAGIC!!!!!

I LOVE MAGIC ERASERS!

I have heard not to let kids use them (not that we would) but I heard a parent told the kid to clean up some marks he had made. The kid rubbed (scrubbed) his face with it instead of the wall and got some chemical burn marks on his cheeks. I dont know if it is true (because it came through email a few years ago) but I just wanted to put that out there just in case.
MarinaVanessa 07:55 AM 06-25-2010
Yuppers me too. You will never enter my house and catch me without magic erasers (for surfaces) or folex (for fabrics). I have run out of toilet paper but never out of magic erasers or folex .
mismatchedsocks 08:41 AM 06-25-2010
Love love love magic eraser. Glad it came out!
Golden Rule 08:58 AM 06-25-2010
I am feeling your pain...... These are 4yr old girls.....

June 2010 015 (450 x 600).jpg

That was the sharpee that I use to label 3 infant boys clothing that is too easily mixed up in the laundry... It was hanging 5ft up in a metal 3-tiered basket. Too bad I missed the acro-batics that must have been involved in getting it down... I was cleaning up a newborn whom litterally filled his diaper up to the back of his head, armpits included. It was just "one of those days" all around.

Today is peaceful.....
Attached:
professionalmom 09:15 AM 06-25-2010
What budding artists!!
MN Mom 09:21 AM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by Golden Rule:

Attachment 50

That was the sharpee that I use to label 3 infant boys clothing that is too easily mixed up in the laundry... It was hanging 5ft up in a metal 3-tiered basket. Too bad I missed the acro-batics that must have been involved in getting it down... I was cleaning up a newborn whom litterally filled his diaper up to the back of his head, armpits included. It was just "one of those days" all around.

Today is peaceful.....
I feel MUCH better knowing I'm not the only mom with markers/crayon/chalk on the walls! I have never used Magic Erasers...but after everyone's high recommendation,I definitely will be buying some tonight. Which Magic Erasers do you use? I've looked at them, but they have like 3 different types in my area and I got confused and put them back on the shelf.
Golden Rule 09:21 AM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
What budding artists!!
Isn't it funny how you can tell that each picked a "side" of the "canvas"? Notice "E" likes messy scribble (L) and "M" (R) likes form? (that was how they were seated, also...)

They are now well educated in the use of Magic Eraser and their Moms are enjoying the benefits of them cleaning baseboards, at home now, too....
QualiTcare 11:52 AM 06-25-2010
magic erasers are awesome. my old boss told me about them and i couldn't believe how they worked. i said i'd do a commercial for them for free! i've gotten sharpie off of my walls and a dresser.

EVERYONE should have one!
AfterSchoolMom 04:47 PM 06-25-2010
If you don't have a magic eraser on hand, a regular pencil eraser will remove sharpie from finished wood surfaces.
Michael 05:17 PM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by Golden Rule:

Attachment 50

Today is peaceful.....
I have to laugh about this one. My son did the same thing to all of our living room walls. I wish I had known about the Majic Eraser. I ended up repainting.
Tags:magic eraser, removing marks
Reply Up