Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thank you!!
Play Care 10:22 AM 02-27-2013
I had posted about the potty training nightmare that is my 2 1/2 yo dc girl. According to Dad she was doing wonderfully at home. She refused to sit on toilet here, screaming, crying, etc. Would sit in wet pants and not say anything, etc. All the classic SHE'S NOT READY! signs

On another post someone mentioned having the parent come in in the AM and take the child to the bathroom. Talked to Dad and he did it this morning. HOLY COW!!! What a difference! She went willingly, Dad sat with her and she went. He left and I was a bit nervous but about 45 minutes later she ran into the bathroom and POOPED on her OWN She did have an accident about 20 minutes later but came right over and told me And she has since gone on the potty two more times and has stayed dry (even when we were outside for almost an hour!!)

I was beginning to think Dad was cray cray
cheerfuldom 01:48 PM 02-27-2013
hey thats great! nice to know it wasnt another story of a parent lying and embellishing. so glad it worked out!
cherryhill 02:12 PM 02-27-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I had posted about the potty training nightmare that is my 2 1/2 yo dc girl. According to Dad she was doing wonderfully at home. She refused to sit on toilet here, screaming, crying, etc. Would sit in wet pants and not say anything, etc. All the classic SHE'S NOT READY! signs

On another post someone mentioned having the parent come in in the AM and take the child to the bathroom. Talked to Dad and he did it this morning. HOLY COW!!! What a difference! She went willingly, Dad sat with her and she went. He left and I was a bit nervous but about 45 minutes later she ran into the bathroom and POOPED on her OWN She did have an accident about 20 minutes later but came right over and told me And she has since gone on the potty two more times and has stayed dry (even when we were outside for almost an hour!!)

I was beginning to think Dad was cray cray

Great news, I am going to mention this to one of my daycare moms.
daycarediva 02:54 PM 02-27-2013
This is awesome news! I wish I had known about that trick with my dcb, but he finally came around on his own!
Tags:potty training
Reply Up