Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I am DONE!!!!
lovemykidstoo 05:57 AM 07-26-2018
So most if not all of you know about my extremely challenging 4 year old that I used to care for, then he went to preschool/daycare for company dad works at and now he's back 2 days a week. This week he came 3. The first 2 days he was an angel. Praised him all over the place, texted mom and told her how great he was doing and she cried because they have such issues with him. Well this morning, there was a disput over cars and he smacked another dcg in the nose. I lost it. Scooped him up told him what I thought of it and he went nuts. I carried him into the bedroom and put his butt in the pack and play until he calmed down. Now he's playing right next to me. Since he's here just for summer, he just cut his time short.

So I text mom and tell her. She asks if other child is ok and then said that he was pissed he had to come to my house today, he wanted to go to grandmas (oh nice). Then asked if he had calmed down yet. I said he's sitting by me with his arms folded, hands clenched. She said "LOL I'd say he's mad". Really??? LOL? After I tell her he hit another kid in the face, threw a holy fit and you write LOL? You see why this kid is going to be in juvenile when he hits 12? Good Lord!
amberrose3dg 06:13 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
So most if not all of you know about my extremely challenging 4 year old that I used to care for, then he went to preschool/daycare for company dad works at and now he's back 2 days a week. This week he came 3. The first 2 days he was an angel. Praised him all over the place, texted mom and told her how great he was doing and she cried because they have such issues with him. Well this morning, there was a disput over cars and he smacked another dcg in the nose. I lost it. Scooped him up told him what I thought of it and he went nuts. I carried him into the bedroom and put his butt in the pack and play until he calmed down. Now he's playing right next to me. Since he's here just for summer, he just cut his time short.

So I text mom and tell her. She asks if other child is ok and then said that he was pissed he had to come to my house today, he wanted to go to grandmas (oh nice). Then asked if he had calmed down yet. I said he's sitting by me with his arms folded, hands clenched. She said "LOL I'd say he's mad". Really??? LOL? After I tell her he hit another kid in the face, threw a holy fit and you write LOL? You see why this kid is going to be in juvenile when he hits 12? Good Lord!
Just tell her he cant come back. He is a safety concern to your kids. I am sorry but parents like this. Let me guess dad will be off at like 2 and leave him there until 5.
lovemykidstoo 06:16 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Just tell her he cant come back. He is a safety concern to your kids. I am sorry but parents like this. Let me guess dad will be off at like 2 and leave him there until 5.
You almost nailed it. Dad gets done about 3:00 and is the one that walked down the other day (they live about 5 houses away) and said he just got up from a 2 hour nap. They've had to go pick him up from school due to his behavior. They'll be lucky if they take him back.
Gemma 08:52 AM 07-26-2018

You're nicer than I am, that family would be history!
boy_mom 09:17 AM 07-26-2018
I mean this in the nicest way, but what did you expect? You know how he behaves and you know the parents are passive and do not reinforce good behavior at home.

I would term, not worth the risk he posses, even for short term / summer care!
lovemykidstoo 09:19 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
I mean this in the nicest way, but what did you expect? You know how he behaves and you know the parents are passive and do not reinforce good behavior at home.

I would term, not worth the risk he posses, even for short term / summer care!
He's been at preschool/after preschool care from Sept until June, so I was hoping he had learned how to behave better. I was wrong. Trust me, he will not be back again next summer.
amberrose3dg 09:38 AM 07-26-2018
He's been at preschool/after preschool care from Sept until June, so I was hoping he had learned how to behave better. I was wrong. Trust me, he will not be back again next summer.
He prob wont learn because his parents wont teach him.
lovemykidstoo 09:41 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
He prob wont learn because his parents wont teach him.
Exactly. At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel. That boy is history and I won't be duped again
daycarediva 10:17 AM 07-26-2018
isn't it so incredibly sad when you can SEE the track this child is on and you alone aren't enough to derail him? I am so sad for not only him, but society as a whole when it comes to children like this.
lovemykidstoo 10:22 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
isn't it so incredibly sad when you can SEE the track this child is on and you alone aren't enough to derail him? I am so sad for not only him, but society as a whole when it comes to children like this.
It really is. It's so sad when you see a father yell at his child for breaking a bowtie instead of hissing and growling at his caregiver. Of course dad is the same genius that let's the kid sit on his lap and drive down here every day. He thinks it's ok because we live on an extremely short street in a small neighborhood and not main roads, but as I told him earlier this week it only takes someone backing out of their driveway and hitting him just right for that airbag to come out. It's extremely dangerous. He poo'd me right off on that.
Ariana 02:59 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
And research has shown time and again that parents are the biggest influencers of behavior not childcare workers.
lovemykidstoo 06:38 PM 07-26-2018
Well dad picked up and asked about his day, so I told him everything. He said he was open to suggestions. I asked him what they did at home when he went into one of his insane fits. He said he was not opposed to bribing. I said, what does that mean. He said that when dcb starts throwing one of his fits, he tells him that if he doesn't continue with the fit that he will get or get to do XYZ. oh that's great, so dcb is already beginning his fit and meltdown and then he's promissed if he stops he gets something? So he's taught that if he starts a fit but stops it he gets a treat. Great idea. duh! I'm not even going to bother to give them more advice that they don't use. They're clearly too stupid to take it.
amberrose3dg 05:24 AM 07-27-2018
It really is. It's so sad when you see a father yell at his child for breaking a bowtie instead of hissing and growling at his caregiver. Of course dad is the same genius that let's the kid sit on his lap and drive down here every day. He thinks it's ok because we live on an extremely short street in a small neighborhood and not main roads, but as I told him earlier this week it only takes someone backing out of their driveway and hitting him just right for that airbag to come out. It's extremely dangerous. He poo'd me right off on that.
I live in a subdivision. We have had people total cars running stop signs here.i wish I was kidding. My neighbors do 40 and 50 through here when it is 15! That dad is a moron.
Unregistered 02:28 PM 07-27-2018
I had a boy like that last summer. He went to Kindergarten in the fall and was so badly behaved there that his grandmother (who is raising him) would have to come in a couple times a week to get him, and they wouldn’t let him go on field trips because he would act so badly on them that chaperones couldn’t handle him. Thankfully gma got a new boyfriend and moved out west-taking a job as a nurse in a prison—-which is nice, that way when this kid is incarcerated she can see him daily 😜
lovemykidstoo 07:36 PM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I had a boy like that last summer. He went to Kindergarten in the fall and was so badly behaved there that his grandmother (who is raising him) would have to come in a couple times a week to get him, and they wouldn’t let him go on field trips because he would act so badly on them that chaperones couldn’t handle him. Thankfully gma got a new boyfriend and moved out west-taking a job as a nurse in a prison—-which is nice, that way when this kid is incarcerated she can see him daily 😜
Wow that lucky grandma. So where does the boy go now when he's bad?

To make things even better, these people didn't pay me this week. They're bringing a check in the morning hahaha. If it wasn't so pitiful it would be funny. They wonder why their kid can't follow the rules, neither can they.
Unregistered 02:08 AM 07-28-2018
Call the cops with the plate number. Bad enough the kid isn't in a carseat, but the airbag would crush him if it went off.
Tags:terminate - bad fit
Reply Up