Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Divorcing Parents/Restraining Orders
Unregistered 10:37 AM 01-10-2011
My Daycare policy states that if at any time the childs presence is a danger to the daycare, termination can be immediate.

I created this policy because I had parents divorcing, the mom claimed the dad threatened to harm her and she didn't tell him the kids weren't coming to daycare when he usually picked up, so I had to be the one to tell him they werent' there, creating a dangerous situation for me and my family.

Well, I have parents going through this again.

How do you handle things of this nature and under what conditions would you allow the child to return to care?
JenNJ 10:58 AM 01-10-2011
I require ALL court and legal documents pertaining to custody and parental responsibilities. Also any threat of violence (including a restraining order from one parent to another) automatically excludes that parents from being allowed onto my property. If I am unhappy with the way drop offs, pick ups, schedule changes, character of the people coming to my home, I have the right to terminate.
Blackcat31 11:02 AM 01-10-2011
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
I require ALL court and legal documents pertaining to custody and parental responsibilities. Also any threat of violence (including a restraining order from one parent to another) automatically excludes that parents from being allowed onto my property. If I am unhappy with the way drop offs, pick ups, schedule changes, character of the people coming to my home, I have the right to terminate.
I do exactly this too!
Tags:divorced parents, restraining order
Reply Up