Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Clean With Steam?
morgan24 05:28 AM 01-26-2012
I have a hand held shark steamer. I use it quite a bit in the bathroom and kitchen. Instead of using the bleach and water to clean toys do you think that the steamer is hot enough to use? That would be so much easier and cut down on cleaning time.
countrymom 06:13 AM 01-26-2012
how do you clean toys with it.
texascare 06:23 AM 01-26-2012
I have never used it but am interested in it! I do use the Shark steam mop all the time and I love it!
Ariana 06:25 AM 01-26-2012
Steam is an awesome option for cleaning, just make sure you rotate the toys to get all sides. I have a handheld steamer I bought for my wedding dress I should start using! GREAT idea
godiva83 06:43 AM 01-26-2012
I always steam everything - I think it works well but would still disinfect with 1:100 bleach and water mix if that is what your regulations are!

I do both -- steaming is faster so I use it inbetween the bleach and water big deep cleans
countrymom 06:55 AM 01-26-2012
now I'm interested. What kind do you guys have, does it work good for floors. Is it big and bulky, heavy. Need details.
godiva83 06:59 AM 01-26-2012
I use the Shark steam mop with the hand held attachment.
It is so easy to use, fill with water, plug in, stick mop pad and away you go!!
Not bulky I would say a bit larger than a swifter mop.

It is great on floors as long as it is sealed hardwood - I would always test in a closet or corner
littlemissmuffet 11:01 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by godiva83:
I use the Shark steam mop with the hand held attachment.
It is so easy to use, fill with water, plug in, stick mop pad and away you go!!
Not bulky I would say a bit larger than a swifter mop.

It is great on floors as long as it is sealed hardwood - I would always test in a closet or corner
Same here. Love it. It's my MUST HAVE for daycare!!! Quick, easy and not much larger than a broom!
morgan24 03:11 AM 01-27-2012
I had a busy afternoon yesterday, didn't even get to read anyone response's until now. I also have the mop and love it.

I don't think MI really has any cleaning rules. I wash toys that are mouthed every day and clean with the bleach solution once a week. I'm going to try my steamer on the toys and see how it works. I'll let you know.
saved4always 04:38 AM 01-27-2012
I have a steam mop I use for the floors. I have a Bissel right now that I bought to replace my Shark steam mop that the head kept "exploding" off. Something was blocked. Maybe because I used tap water. Now the Bissel leaks. I seem to be having bad luck with the steam mops, but I love that they don't use chemicals and are so easy and the floor dries fast. If the Bissel becomes unworkable, I may get another Shark and use distilled water. At least that one lasted over a year; just got this Bissel a few months ago.
Reply Up