Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help Deciding On Different Systems!
mountainside13 05:44 PM 03-12-2014
We want to get some type of security/surveillance system for the daycare to go in our new home. At first I was looking into a baby video monitor. After searching through the old threads I have decided against doing that! Due to the interference and outsiders looking in. I have found a ton security systems on eBay but I have no idea how to choose! The cameras with a monitor or cameras with a DVR? I like the idea of recording but I also don't want someone outside of the home to view the footage.

What are your thoughts? Suggestions? Advice?
Cat Herder 03:56 AM 03-13-2014
I have a Swann closed circuit system with cameras both inside and out. 12 screens so far, but I have the ability to add more if needed. I can both record and view on a monitor. I also have the driveway alarm systems at different points on the property.

I miss nothing that goes on here.
mountainside13 06:16 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have a Swann closed circuit system with cameras both inside and out. 12 screens so far, but I have the ability to add more if needed. I can both record and view on a monitor. I also have the driveway alarm systems at different points on the property.

Thank you! I will do some research on Swann and see if we can afford it
Blackcat31 06:24 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

We have Swann at home. http://www.swann.com/us/

We also have it so that we can use our smart phones to view the cameras while we are away.

At daycare I just use something like this:

We bought it at Harbor Freight for under $200.
mountainside13 10:36 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
We have Swann at home. http://www.swann.com/us/

We also have it so that we can use our smart phones to view the cameras while we are away.

At daycare I just use something like this:

We bought it at Harbor Freight for under $200.
Thank you! I forgot about Harbor Freight, the have great prices! The Swann is a little out of our price range right now until things settle back down. But with their reviews we will upgrade when we can!
Tags:alarms, fire alarm, security cameras, security system
Reply Up