Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Incentives/Discounts
JeepGirl6 07:04 AM 07-25-2012
What are some discounts/promotional incentives you use to get parents in the door? I have heard give a week free or a day free....I am open for any advice/opinions. Thanks
thatdivalady 06:59 PM 07-25-2012
When I first opened up my daycare, I let the parents know what my "normal" prices were and then I gave them a discount. I also lowered my registration fees from $50 to $25 per child. It really depends on what you are comfortable with as well as what you believe you can live with once business picks up. Remember that you have to be able to stick with it. Some people also give a discount for a short period of time to give parents a chance to fall in love with their programming. At my next facility, I plan to continue the discounted registration fee but try out the discounted rate for a month and see how that works out.
Truly Scrumptious 09:05 PM 07-25-2012
I don't see anything wrong with giving a "get started" discount. And, maybe some vacation time for free. You could also start out by not taking many holidays or taking all the holidays and not get paid for any. Not taking sick or personal or training days or only taking 1 each for the year...or 2 or 3 without pay.

There are lots of incentives I think you can offer parents when you are first getting your program started. But, I think each year when you renew contracts and policies, you take something away.

My mentor once told me that every year, when you renew your contract...you give yourself a gift...if it's raise year, then increased income is your gift....if not, then you take an extra vacation day or week, add a holiday, add more sick days or personal days, or add that all holidays are paid or your vacation is paid. Whatever you choose....but give yourself something.
melskids 03:26 AM 07-26-2012
I am in a remote area, 7 miles out of town, in the opposite direction most people travel. On a dirt road on a mountain as well.

I've offered gas cards to get them up here. Gas is a big expense, and usually anyone who hears "free gas" is game.
crazydaycarelady 06:31 AM 07-26-2012
I give a $50 credit to any of my current clients when they refer people to me who I start care for.
Reply Up