Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Temporary Change In Schedule, How To Charge?
thatdivalady 07:23 PM 11-01-2012
We have a client whose usual schedule is 3 overnights and 2 weekend days. Her rate is higher because of that schedule by around $65 per week. She has a three week period coming up where she will need 5 weekdays per week instead of the overnights and weekends due to her rotation at her job. She will not be using the overnights and weekends during this period. After her three weeks are up, she will be returning to her usual schedule of overnights and weekends. My question is, do I charge her the regular rate since I have to hold her usual scheduled spot even though I do not plan to fill her spot? Or do I reduce her rate for the three weeks by the $65 even though this will hurt my budget? Never had this happen before so any suggestions would be great!
daycare 07:25 PM 11-01-2012
Originally Posted by thatdivalady:
We have a client whose usual schedule is 3 overnights and 2 weekend days. Her rate is higher because of that schedule by around $65 per week. She has a three week period coming up where she will need 5 weekdays per week instead of the overnights and weekends due to her rotation at her job. She will not be using the overnights and weekends during this period. After her three weeks are up, she will be returning to her usual schedule of overnights and weekends. My question is, do I charge her the regular rate since I have to hold her usual scheduled spot even though I do not plan to fill her spot? Or do I reduce her rate for the three weeks by the $65 even though this will hurt my budget? Never had this happen before so any suggestions would be great!
I would keep it the same rate. Don't let her problems become yours.
DaisyMamma 10:16 PM 11-01-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I would keep it the same rate. Don't let her problems become yours.
I agree. She should be happy you are willing to make the temporary schedule change.
thatdivalady 07:26 AM 11-02-2012
Thanks so much!
Blackcat31 07:38 AM 11-02-2012
Normally I would advise that her rate should stay the same as she is the one needing the change not you.

However, if I were in your shoes, I would gladly charge her the regular rate just because I don't have to do the overnights and the weekend care. The fact that she is actually making your week easier would be enough for me to be willing to only charge the regular weekly rate.
thatdivalady 05:14 PM 11-03-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Normally I would advise that her rate should stay the same as she is the one needing the change not you.

However, if I were in your shoes, I would gladly charge her the regular rate just because I don't have to do the overnights and the weekend care. The fact that she is actually making your week easier would be enough for me to be willing to only charge the regular weekly rate.

How weird am I? I absolutely love doing the overnights and weekends. I prefer not to do daytime as I hate being up early. Plus this actually makes it a tad bit harder for me because this mom is very picky and nervous about different people watching her baby and so I will have to spend time either checking in or being onsite more. My staff take care of the day shifts so I can see my therapy clients in the afternoons. So it actually makes it a little annoying for me!
Blackcat31 09:06 PM 11-03-2012
Originally Posted by thatdivalady:
How weird am I? I absolutely love doing the overnights and weekends. I prefer not to do daytime as I hate being up early. Plus this actually makes it a tad bit harder for me because this mom is very picky and nervous about different people watching her baby and so I will have to spend time either checking in or being onsite more. My staff take care of the day shifts so I can see my therapy clients in the afternoons. So it actually makes it a little annoying for me!
Ok, I see....well in that case, I would charge her the rate she normally pays. Not your problem that she wants to change something. Especially if it is going to make it more work for you.
Tags:schedule - changes
Reply Up