Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is Anyone Licensed For 24 Hrs?
Luvnmykidz 10:43 AM 03-03-2013
Okay, so I am still prepapring to open and was just wondering when you all first started out what hours did you apply for? Or did you apply for 24 hrs and just choose the hours that you would be open for regular care and then charge a different rate for extended hours or 2nd or 3rd shift? I am also a CNA and can remember co-workers that had many issues wth finding evening/overnight care so I was interested in any info that relates to this as well. Thanks in advance
Starburst 12:48 PM 03-03-2013
But I heard from one of my CD classes [introduction to careers with children] in CA for a 24 hour home daycare you will need to have: a family child care license and a foster parenting certificate/license (you may need a certificate to get that license). Check your state DHS website and look up the family child care regulations
LoraJenkins 04:02 PM 03-06-2013
I am available 24 hours M-F and usually have overnighters at least once a week.
DayCareDiva30 04:21 PM 03-06-2013
I am licensed for 24hrs but currently Im only doing 1st shift. I opted to be 24hrs when I first opened because I wanted to get families in the door. Most of the families who needed 2nd and 3rd shift were nurses and people who worked at places like the 24hr gas stations and WM.
thatdivalady 04:34 PM 03-07-2013
Do our states require different licensing? I am available 24 hours for families but they only use up to 16 hours per day... Are you asking about keeping children for days at a time?
MarinaVanessa 06:07 PM 03-07-2013
Here in CA you need a special license and you have to meet certain requirements in order to do 24 hour care, but i know it varies from state to state and even county to county and city to city.

We have a city next to us where a portion of the city has such harsh city ordinances that it's difficult and extremely expensive to even apply for a large license (so much that there are no large FCC homes in that part of the city) much less get approved for 24 hour care.
Luvnmykidz 07:00 PM 03-07-2013
I was wondering if it was the same requirements to be licensed for 24 hrs as it is for a regular 12 or 14 hr fcc. I'm more interested in just being able to offer overnight care if needed for working parents. And do regular hours during the day. I don't want to keep them for days at a time. I think that would be a lot for a child to handle. I guess more of what I am asking also is when providing evening or overnight care do you change your rates any, do u stay awake the entire time, do you handle baths and have a set evening schedule or do you follow the parents schedule? Example: 2 yr dck goes to bed at 7:30 at home. Dcm works 7-7 and needs 30 minutes before and after to get to you. dck is there from 6:30 pm to 7:30 am. Do you go by your own bedtime schedule you have with your kids and do baths at 7 bedtime by 8:30 after a story or just follow his reg schedule and request for him to be ready for bed prior to arriving ?
Tags:24 hour care, hours of operation
Reply Up