Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Run Home Daycare and Suffering a Miscarriage
Peaches 08:41 AM 04-20-2015
I run an in home daycare and found out I was in the process of miscarrying. I was at 9 weeks and the baby stopped growing a few weeks ago. So far my husband has been an extreme help covering for me during times I need to go in for lab work and my one doctor appointment. So far I haven't taken anytime off because I was able to pass over the weekend naturally. The hardest part for me since this started is I haven't been sleeping well. I feel like I just need to suck this up, I mean I'm at home and can have slower days with 5-6 dcks a day. I'm more concerned about being sleep deprived than the physical or emotional pains since the worst seems to be over now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Unregistered 09:01 AM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Peaches:
I run an in home daycare and found out I was in the process of miscarrying. I was at 9 weeks and the baby stopped growing a few weeks ago. So far my husband has been an extreme help covering for me during times I need to go in for lab work and my one doctor appointment. So far I haven't taken anytime off because I was able to pass over the weekend naturally. The hardest part for me since this started is I haven't been sleeping well. I feel like I just need to suck this up, I mean I'm at home and can have slower days with 5-6 dcks a day. I'm more concerned about being sleep deprived than the physical or emotional pains since the worst seems to be over now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Great big hugs to you!! I was in the same situation last month my baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks and I miscarried at 10 weeks. I took off Friday for confirmation at the hospital and then an entire week off after. I recommend taking time off, I needed it bad I'm still not okay mentally (it took the full week for me to recover physically) you don't need to suck it up you need time to process, to heal. Even if you take one day to rest it might help.
Thriftylady 09:16 AM 04-20-2015
I would take a day or two off for rest and recovery. Being overly tired can make you more open to illness and such because it runs your immune system down.
midaycare 10:16 AM 04-20-2015
No need to suck it up. If at all possible, take a little time. Even a day, as pp suggested. And
Josiegirl 10:24 AM 04-20-2015
A miscarriage is a loss and if you need to take time off, please take it!
I'm so sorry you're going through this.
And it's sad when so many of us feel we have to schedule our lives around those of the dcps. Take care of yourself first. Dcps will come and they will go.
{{{Big hugs to you}}}
melilley 10:38 AM 04-20-2015

I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks. I took a couple of days off, it wasn't the physical part, but the mental part that got me. Take as much time as you need.
AmyKidsCo 11:55 AM 04-20-2015
I'm so sorry. I also had a baby stop growing at 8 weeks and miscarriage at 10 weeks. Don't feel badly about taking time off to grieve and/or rest up if you need it. You'll be able to take better care of the children if you take care of yourself first.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 12:07 PM 04-20-2015
I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that. I had a miscarriage July 26, 2013. I was 8 weeks but the baby stopped growing at 7 weeks. I ended up going over 10 days without passing it so I had to have a D&C. I still to this day have difficult time going to babyshowers. I also find it difficult to find myself not being jealous. Then I really feel like crap because I feel like I should be thankful that I have three healthy beautiful children. It is ok to feel sad and grieve. Your not alone. If you need to take a day or even a week to help you then take that time. I get emotional when the day comes that I had the surgery. I get emotional on my would have been due date. For some it is easy accepting what happen, but for me I still have my moments. I think it is the unknown of why it happen.
rosieteddy 10:01 AM 04-21-2015
Take some time even two days and the weekend.This is a loss both mentally and physically .Also you and your husband need some time to grieve.So sorry for your loss.
284878 08:35 PM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare:
I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that. I had a miscarriage July 26, 2013. I was 8 weeks but the baby stopped growing at 7 weeks. I ended up going over 10 days without passing it so I had to have a D&C. I still to this day have difficult time going to babyshowers. I also find it difficult to find myself not being jealous. Then I really feel like crap because I feel like I should be thankful that I have three healthy beautiful children. It is ok to feel sad and grieve. Your not alone. If you need to take a day or even a week to help you then take that time. I get emotional when the day comes that I had the surgery. I get emotional on my would have been due date. For some it is easy accepting what happen, but for me I still have my moments. I think it is the unknown of why it happen.
I agree. I had a miscarriage on Thanksgiving. I need that weekend to recover.
Stephnrich 06:10 AM 04-22-2015
I'm so sorry (((hugs))). You definitely need to take a day or two. Do the dc parents know? Is think they would al be very understanding .
Reply Up