Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Seriously I Don't Know How You Ladies Watch 8-10 Kids Full Time
cherryhill 10:30 AM 01-27-2011
I can barely watch 5 full time without wanting to pull my hair out by the end of the day.

Two 24 month one 18month one 23 month and one 3 month. The toddlers pretty much run in circles during free play or take toys from each other all day. They are all here from 8-5:30. Structured play doesn't last long probably about 5 minutes. (blocks, puzzles, play-dough, books.

Honestly I have to turn on a movie for 15 minutes just to regain some sort of control and calm them down. In CA to my knowledge there are no TV rules. If I wasn't against too much TV time they would watch movies all day, beside outside play.

We go out side usually from 9:30-11:30 everyday.
VanessaEO 01:10 PM 01-27-2011
Yes, but your 5 are under 25 months! They are all toddlers + an infant!

That would drive me insane as well.

I'm pretty sure those of us with 8+ don't have so many littles.
Abigail 01:16 PM 01-27-2011
Cherryhill, it should get better for you over the next few months when they get older. That is a lot of diaper changes too! I bet you'll notice a lot of changes in the next six months when they become more independent. What a wonderful group that will be for preschool time.
snbauser 01:59 PM 01-27-2011
It definately is different when they are older. I have 11 kids right now - 23 months, 3 - 2 y/o's, 6 - 3 y/o's, and a 4 y/o. My new one that will start in a week is another 2 y/o.
momatheart 02:11 PM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Cherryhill, it should get better for you over the next few months when they get older. That is a lot of diaper changes too! I bet you'll notice a lot of changes in the next six months when they become more independent. What a wonderful group that will be for preschool time.
This is exactly what i was thinking as well.
Tags:full time, overwhelmed, too many kids
Reply Up