Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Actually Had an Interview Today!
SilverSabre25 04:40 PM 07-31-2012
Family stopped by during naptime for a little interview. Baby is 3 months old--a sweet wonderful little ball of squishy awesomeness! Older kid (who would only be with me rarely as he's going to a preschool in town) is 4 and got along great with my 4 yo dcb. Very well-behaved. I got to snuggle the little bundle of cuddles and he was just like, "Yeah, whatever, you're going to smile at me? Awesome."

I think I may have gotten the job...she said she'd call me tomorrow because she needs to talk it over with her DH

Baby is part-time (only drawback) but I'm kind of happy with that--even though I know pt babes can be tricky.
wahmof3 04:46 PM 07-31-2012
Awesome!!!!

Heidi 04:47 PM 07-31-2012
yay back at you then!!!
daycarediva 04:58 PM 07-31-2012
awesome!
cheerfuldom 06:05 PM 07-31-2012
part time babies can be great if you and mom are on the same routine. its the ones that come to you exhausted and unhappy, wont take the bottle and are held during naps at home....thats the sort of thing that makes the transition to daycare hard. I have had some hard part time infants in the past but there have been a few good experiences. if you and mom can work together, it should be great!
Countrygal 06:35 PM 07-31-2012
YEAH!!!! Hope it works out!!!
DaisyMamma 06:36 PM 07-31-2012
Awesome!
Sunchimes 08:33 PM 07-31-2012
I have a part time baby too. Once we figured out that his screaming all day was related to food issues, he settled right down. I don't know what his home schedule is, but here, most days, he naps with the rest of them. He's easy-peasy.
MyAngels 08:47 PM 07-31-2012
I've never minded part-time infants. I figure anything that allows a child to be home with their mom more when they are younger can't be a bad thing. I don't usually have many problems with them adjusting, either, so maybe I'm just lucky.

Good luck, I hope they sign on .
Reply Up