Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Training in Public?????!!!!
MN Mom 04:45 AM 09-07-2012
My jaw dropped when I read this article. YUCK! A public restaraunt is NOT the place to potty train your children. It's just plain unsanitary.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/pict...om-goes-viral/
Willow 06:36 AM 09-07-2012
That is just disgusting......wth was that mother thinking?????????
crazydaycarelady 07:39 AM 09-07-2012
That is absolutely disgusting. I question the sanity of someone who would do this?!?
Blackcat31 07:54 AM 09-07-2012
This reminds me of a story:

My DH and I spend alot of time on an island with our houseboat during the summer time. We have a large group of friends (some with kids) that gather there as well. It is a public island, so the general public is also there.

One of the gals that hangs with us, has a 2 year old DD. They come by fising boat so this mom brings her DD's potty chair with her in order to continue training her as well as the fact that there really isn't a public restroom on an island so there isn't anywhere (except the woods/lake) to do your business.

Anyways, the little girl is now 6 and in Kindy but her mom still brings that potty chair with her every time we hit the lake. Why? You might wonder...well because SHE uses it! LOL right, wellnot always since she uses it right on the beach in front of everyone who cares to look in our direction!!!!

We have said things to her but she is one of those people who argues that "we all have to urinate so what is the big deal?!?!" kind of people.

We have gone camping with her and she will stand around the campfire with a dozen or so people and simply drop her drawers and pee never even pausing in conversation as if it is the most normal thing in the world.

Needless to say, we don't really camp with her anymore but she will still use the potty chair while on the island. (in FULL view of everyone)
Oneluckymom 08:11 AM 09-07-2012
Unbelievable !!!

How can you have the nerve to do that? Some people have no sense of social ettiquete. Her daughter NEEDS to learn WHERE we go potty...and its definately NOT in the middle of a restaurant !
PitterPatter 09:00 PM 09-07-2012
I saw that story also and I share everyones opinion but I also wonder how the poor child must feel. Is she embarrassed? Obviously there had to be many people staring at her as if she was doing wrong. What about the child feelings Mom?!!

This will at least teach the child, hey when ya gotta go ya gotta go... What if she pees right in the middle of class when older. Poor kid
Hunni Bee 10:26 AM 09-08-2012
People are getting wayyyyy to loose with hygiene, social norms, etc. All this "it's all natural" and all this stuff. I remember there was a post on here about a mom who wanted her infant son to not feel like there was anything wrong with touching himself, so she opened his diaper wherever and whenever to let him do it. I've seen people change babies in the restaurant booth.

People tend to think because children have no shame about their bodies that this type of thing is okay. But it's really inconsiderate of other people who may not want to see naked bums or smell pee or poop while they're eating.
Meeko 02:54 PM 09-08-2012
This was at Thanksgiving Point, just a few miles north of me.

GROSS!!!!!!
Kaddidle Care 03:38 PM 09-08-2012
DISGUSTING!!!!!!!

I would have told the waiter/waitress to please give that moron my bill and leave. The establishment should have shown her the door immediately. I do not believe they didn't notice. If someone comes through a restaurant door with 2 potty chairs, you notice. What a bunch of bunk.

I'm still trying to figure out if the Mother was trying to put them out of business or is she that clueless.
Hunni Bee 05:52 PM 09-08-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
I'm still trying to figure out if the Mother was trying to put them out of business or is she that clueless.
No, she was that lazy. She didn't want to stop feeding her face long enough to take the girls out in the car to use the potties or take them to the bathroom. There is no way the "extremely inappropriate" alarm didn't go off in her head.
SimpleMom 10:14 AM 09-11-2012
That isn't right. However, neither was posting a pic of a nude child on fb
Springdaze 10:31 AM 09-11-2012
I agree with simplemom. funny though, i saw a lady doing that just this weekend. not at a restaurant, but at a peewee football game. the mom was working at the clothing stand and pulled her kids pants down and sat them on a potty right there at the stand! um, Im sure the person working with you would have excused you to take your kid to the bathroom!
Tags:potty training
Reply Up