Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Me Through This Day!
Unregistered 06:32 AM 11-12-2014
Today is the day of all days. EVERYONE is cranky. EVERYONE is fighting. My 2 year old dcg has cried on and off for the last 2 1/2 hours. Fighting with all the other dcks. Breakfast and potty time took over an hour with all the fights I had to break up. Dcb 3 is being a trouble maker fighter with everyone just trying to get a reaction. Dcg 3 is exta extra extra whiney! Everything is making her wine. 6 more hours to go oh and dcg2 ( different one from the first dcg2) is here and she doesn't like to nap so I probably won't get a break. Oh my please give me the strength to make it through this day!!!
taylorw1210 07:05 AM 11-12-2014
Hang in there! We've all had days like this. The day WILL end!

It's been a rough morning for us, too. dcg1 has had a cough for 3 weeks now. I'm getting worried about her but dcm and dcgrandma don't seem concerned at all. My diva dcg2 is here today and her new thing is "Missss Taaaaylooorrrr!!" about everything. dcb18 months threw a fit after snack because I didn't give him thirds. dcb4 arrived in a not-so-pleasant state because he has decided he doesn't like preschool and doesn't want to go, so now I'm anticipating issues getting him onto the bus later.

On a positive note - it's wednesday!
Soccermom 07:19 AM 11-12-2014
Big Hugs sent your way

Wednesdays are always tough for me too, I'm not sure why.

Put on some Christmas music or break out a Christmas movie. It will help brighten their moods. Even a few Christmas books might help.

When I have days like this, I just throw in the towel and put all planning aside in order to just get through the day. I do what makes me and the kids the most happy. If they love outside play, then take them out for the full morning instead of doing inside activities or if they love dancing, then turn up the music loud and go nuts! LOL

AND of course you need to give yourself something to look forward to, so promise yourself a nice bubble bath with a hot chocolate or something as soon as the kids leave

Hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day!
Unregistered 07:55 AM 11-12-2014
I must have been half asleep when I wrote that because 6 more hours I really meant 8 6 1/2 now. Today is dragging on!!!
daycarediva 09:19 AM 11-12-2014
I had this type of day yesterday. I gave everyone two choices at inside play time, and we spent a LOT more time outside. Same two choices and more outside time today and it's starting to turn around.

That cranky funk is super contagious!!
Sunshine74 11:16 AM 11-12-2014
I feel for you. I have been having a week like that, my co-teacher is on vacation, so I have different people with me, new dcg hates nap (even though she needs one and sleeps) so she cried so hard she threw up yesterday. And now everyone has colds. Not sick enough to stay home, just sick enough that they are kind of miserable, myself included. We are low today, so it was a little better, but I ended up putting on a movie about a half hour before lunch, which is something we rarely do, because everyone is so blah.

On the plus side, the week is half over. We can get through it.
Unregistered 12:40 PM 11-12-2014
I'm down to 3 dcks and my dd hour and 45 mins left. My oh my it can't come quick enough!!
craftymissbeth 12:42 PM 11-12-2014
I'm having that kind of day, too. If I hear "heeeyyyy Buffany!" one more flipping time I'm going to hole up in the kitchen and stuff my face with pecan pie and Coke Zero
Unregistered 12:49 PM 11-12-2014
Big hugs to everyone. We are almost through the week. Two more days two more days.
Reply Up