Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>4 Kids Leaving...Staying...Leaving...Staying.....
jojosmommy 11:03 AM 04-13-2011
I have a daycare family who has 4 kids in my care currently. They are on assistance and thought (despite me repeatedly telling them otherwise) that dad could quit his job and not work and the county would still pay for daycare. So, last week dad quit and now the county wants to drop them.

They recently agreed to an 8 week notice requirement (thanks to some advice on here!) and the county only pays for 2 weeks. They keep telling me that dad is going to get a very part time job just to stay on assistance and keep the kids here until September 1st. I however don't believe anything anyone claims b/c I have gotten burned too many times before.

I have ads out for 3 weeks now and have gotten a couple calls- had 2 people no show me for interviews- and did one interview for very part time family (which would in NO way make up for the lost income here). For the most part no real leads on new clients.

This family said they would leave as soon as I needed them to (if I got more kids starting and would otherwise be over ratio) but I cant afford for them to go until I replace their 4 with 4 new. The whole thing is stressing me out b/c everyday its something new with these people but really I can't term them either.

What else can I do?
Tags:lingering parents, notice, subsidy
Up