Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Days For Sib Pair?
MG&Lsmom 03:44 PM 06-10-2011
I know a lot of you only do a minimum of 3 days/wk for part timers. I'm wondering what you think about 2 days a week for a sib pair for the summer? Ages 3 & 4, 3 year old potentially staying into school year. I've not yet set up the interview, just received an inquiry through my website. I've had so much trouble with 2 day a weekers that even though I'm struggling to fill spots and just lost my only FT dck that I'm not willing to go that road again.

Any advice on what to charge? I don't have a sib discount listed on my website. I charge $25 for 5 hours, either 7-12 or 12-5 spots, I don't fill a whole day with a pt client. And $35 for anything over that.
lpperry 04:02 PM 06-10-2011
I think it is up to you about taking them 2 days--do you think they would fit well with your group, be fine with coming just 2 days, etc.

I have 2 children that come 5 days, 3 children that come 1 day, and 1 child that comes 2 days, so I obviously don't have any problem with letting people come less than 3 days. It works out for me great.
daycare 04:15 PM 06-10-2011
I think it depends on the child. I used to offer PT and drop in bit I found that most children had a very hard time adjusting to the routine and rules. However I still hVe 2 kids that come part time and they Handel it very well. One come monday Friday and the other cones Tuesday wed thursday.
I would try it out if I needed the Money. Do you have a two week trail period?
MG&Lsmom 04:54 PM 06-10-2011
I haven't even interviewed yet. Trying to decide if it's worth it, iykwim? I emailed the woman back and asked what days, times, etc. I also wanted to ask if they had been in care before. I think if they've been in daycare before, especially a home daycare setting, then it might work out. The 2 day a weekers I've had had never ever been with a babysitter other than grandma nevermind daycare. They never adjust, wreak havoc and cause major stress. I'm over the "we'll see if it works" and having to deal with nasty parents when it doesn't.

I do have a 2 week trial period, so that would cover me there. It might be nice if they needed the same 2 days my other part timer needed, then I could have 2 days off a week.

I'm not hurting for money that badly. If this summer is bad for DH tho, I might be.
WImom 05:59 PM 06-10-2011
I'd say interview and then decide. I have one that is 3y and is two days a week and does fine and then I have a 2y old that is also two days a week and still after 2 months it's like his first day every Tuesday.

I now for future clients require 3 days and I don't do drop In any longer.
bice99 06:34 PM 06-10-2011
I have 2 rates. One for up to 3 days. One for full time. The PT pays 3 1/2 days no matter how many days they are here. Set days/times. I had a parent pay even though their daughter was only here 1 day a week. They knew they would need 3 days/week some weeks and that way they could be sure they had a spot. So for infants, PT is $135 (FT is $200). For 2-5, $120 (FT is $175).
SimpleMom 06:47 PM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
I know a lot of you only do a minimum of 3 days/wk for part timers. I'm wondering what you think about 2 days a week for a sib pair for the summer? Ages 3 & 4, 3 year old potentially staying into school year. I've not yet set up the interview, just received an inquiry through my website. I've had so much trouble with 2 day a weekers that even though I'm struggling to fill spots and just lost my only FT dck that I'm not willing to go that road again.

Any advice on what to charge? I don't have a sib discount listed on my website. I charge $25 for 5 hours, either 7-12 or 12-5 spots, I don't fill a whole day with a pt client. And $35 for anything over that.
Maybe charge $35.oo/day? Two day min. weekly fee with set days and times? I only take a min. of 40 hrs now, but that just works for me. I used to take pt. Found I was having so many kids and such varied schedules it just didn't work.
Also, you mentioned you didn't want to go down that road again...I would say, in that case...don't? If you don't need to, maybe hold out for someone that fits better with what you are looking for.
Tags:part time care
Reply Up