Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Sent Out Newsletter Today

With my reminders and updates.

Two biggies are- I changed my mealtimes. I got rid of breakfast. Added a " large afternoon snack" as far as food program goes its dinner but I'm marketing it as an afternoon large snack. I have 5 kids who are starving by the time they get dinner on the table. Usually by 640-715. Everyone goes home around 530 so I'm doing a meal at 4. It should help tremendously.

Also,... I'm no longer offering extended hours. Contracted times only.

We shall see.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I've never done a newsletter...do you do one once a month? Do you have a cute newsletter format you use each time? I think I'd like to start doing a newsletter once a month just to let the parents know whats happening each month...like not forgetting about holidays and days the daycare is closed or it's a holiday but I'll be open. To let me know to sign up in advance. Also changes that will be implemented the start of the new yr. That kind of thing. I think that would really take care of my nerves in to talking to families individually although I now I'd still do that as I only have 4 families...lol!

Oh, by the way...I like the no extended hrs. Only contracted hrs. It's sooo hard to keep parents on their contracted hrs. I have a parent how keeps changing her days and times on me. My daycare officially closes at 4:30. She is usually here right at the doc of 4:30pm but yesterday 4:50pm she she added an additional $5 for a late fee. I am glad it's not a battle with late fees with them. What I need to do is get everyone to commit to there contracted hrs and let them know that if there a min. late I charge $5 even though I'm open til 4:30pm. This really shouldn't be hard as I allow 10 hrs for there contracted time. But if they go over that they get charged per child. Hope it goes well for you!!

Tags
meal time, newsletter