JEM 06:54 AM 01-20-2012
.......and Crystal too. Just not the same without them around more :-(
Just sayin'
Jem
Breezy 06:58 AM 01-20-2012
Yup. Me too. What happened?
DCMom 07:05 AM 01-20-2012
I do too.

Can't say I blame them though, they do seem be 'targets' quite frequently when they post. That would get old for me.
MyAngels 07:10 AM 01-20-2012
I would imagine that Nannyde may be taking some time to concentrate on her consulting business.

I've noticed that Crystal tends to take a break from this forum when she gets a lot of grief, plus she has a forum of her own I think.
Blackcat31 07:52 AM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by DCMom:
I do too.

Can't say I blame them though, they do seem be 'targets' quite frequently when they post. That would get old for me.
Exactly....everyone seems to "target' her as the bad guy when she posts but then everyone misses her when she is gone. I completely understand why she is MIA.

Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I would imagine that Nannyde may be taking some time to concentrate on her consulting business.

I've noticed that Crystal tends to take a break from this forum when she gets a lot of grief, plus she has a forum of her own I think.
I think Crystal has a lot of stuff on her plate and I also agree that she gets quite a bit of grief when she does post.

BOTH are wonderful in what they do and believe passionately in what they do as well. They are a wealth of knowledge and we were/are lucky to have learned what we have from them.
Cat Herder 08:01 AM 01-20-2012
Getting treated like **** while giving out FREE valuable advice from actual experience after being ASKED does have a way of making people less willing to offer it.

It is also possible that after a while you have answered it all and nobody is listening.......

I think that is the nature of internet forums....it becomes redundant and I can imagine the need to find mental stimulation elsewhere for a while.

I am pretty sure that is how we all ended up here to begin with...

I am also pretty sure we will all find our way back......
permanentvacation 08:09 AM 01-20-2012
Actually, I have noticed that things are much nicer and calmer on here lately.
MyAngels 09:04 AM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
BOTH are wonderful in what they do and believe passionately in what they do as well. They are a wealth of knowledge and we were/are lucky to have learned what we have from them.
I agree with this, and would add that there are A LOT of providers who contribute here regularly that I have learned so much from - not just the long-term providers, but new providers as well .
countrymom 10:36 AM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
I've noticed it too. And I'm finding that the advice actually makes sense.
MamaBear 10:45 AM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
I agree
Meeko 11:14 AM 01-20-2012
I LOVE this forum

I think I can say that out of all the regulars on here...I have both agreed and disagreed with each one and that's the beauty of it!! It's like having access to a living , breathing encyclopedia of knowledge that I can use to my advantage!!

Love ya ladies! And Dave and Michael LOL!
youretooloud 11:28 AM 01-20-2012
I've never noticed Nanny getting any grief. I've seen it with Crystal, but she gives as good as she gets, and tends to word things in such a way that people would immediately be offended.

I don't read enough of the posts to see if there have been any real bickering on here, or how it happens. When I do see the bickering, I'm usually so far behind that I don't know what's going on.
MNMum 11:34 AM 01-20-2012
I have to say that this forum has been my handbook to everything daycare! It has also kept me sane as I transitioned from the "real world" to being stuck at home...ykwim? Nannyde was very active when I first came on here last spring/summer. I have to say that I often didn't "get" her advice. I was a novice. I wasn't yet providing home daycare. I still believed that the majority of people out would treat me fairly, just because it is the right thing to do. As I am getting deeper into daycare, I find myself seeking out Nanny's former posts. Now I "get" it! I can see why people would leave and never come back. It is one thing to share opinions, but sometimes women can become down right mean, especially in the mostly anonymous world of the internet. In any case, I do appreciate all of the great advice I get here!
melskids 11:36 AM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
I LOVE this forum

I think I can say that out of all the regulars on here...I have both agreed and disagreed with each one and that's the beauty of it!! It's like having access to a living , breathing encyclopedia of knowledge that I can use to my advantage!!

I agree!

I am who I am and my program is what it is because of this forum, and everyone here.

Nannyde and Crystal are opposite ends of the spectrum, but I have learned SO much form BOTH of them and EVERYONE else here.

Michael 01:57 PM 01-20-2012
I LOVE this forum

Appreciate the love
wdmmom 02:42 PM 01-20-2012
Absolutely amazing that people actually have the audicity to post that they don't care that the 2 most educated, respected, and loyal veterans aren't here anymore.

They are the ones that provided the wealth of knowledge to this forum.

I now find it to be kind of boring to be honest with you. I'd much rather see a highly discussed topic on here and everyones opinion.
youretooloud 05:04 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Absolutely amazing that people actually have the audicity to post that they don't care that the 2 most educated, respected, and loyal veterans aren't here anymore.

They are the ones that provided the wealth of knowledge to this forum.

I now find it to be kind of boring to be honest with you. I'd much rather see a highly discussed topic on here and everyones opinion.
You are right... I wasn't saying the forum is better without them.... mostly saying I didn't notice what happened. I think Crystal was holding her own just fine, and I have absolutely no idea what was controversial about anything Nanny posted. I may not have agreed with her, but I never saw anybody disagree with her, and I've certainly never seen her say anything rude or unkind.
dave4him 05:47 PM 01-20-2012
I LOVE this forum

Thanks

Lucy 05:54 PM 01-20-2012
There used to be a "sticky" about her blog on this site. It's not there anymore. Does that mean she's not going to be here anymore?
Michael 09:23 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by Joyce:
There used to be a "sticky" about her blog on this site. It's not there anymore. Does that mean she's not going to be here anymore?
That is entirely up to Nannyde. She is always welcome.
nannyde 04:20 AM 01-21-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
That is entirely up to Nannyde. She is always welcome.

Just working on some other projects. I'll check in now and then.
JEM 06:00 PM 01-22-2012
Yay!!! I'll be looking forward to seeing you again :-)
Jem
Tags:forum cycle, forums
Reply Up