Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wow, My Suspicions Of A DCF Were Confirmed Today
melilley 03:19 PM 11-13-2014
I have posted about one of my dcf's who I think are, well, less than sane. It's the family of the dcb who had a seizure, who always comes in dirty, who's children have everything under the sun, is always on the phone when she picks up, I could go on and on. Other parents have made comments too. (it's not their business, but they have noticed things both with dcb and when they see dcm)

Well, dcb's "aunt" (not bio, that's what they call her, she and her husband are close with the dcp's), came to pick up dcb and was frustrated when she came in. Dcm called her to see if she would p/u because her dh had to go in to the Dr. for an emergency thing. She picked/lifted up dcb and asked him if he was going to sleep through the night tonight (dcb and his bro were at her house Sat.-Tues.). I told her that he didn't sleep very well at nap and she said "yay, I'll get some sleep".

She then started talking about dcp's! She said she was surprised that dcb wasn't in the clothes that she dropped him off in on Tues. She said "I don't want to gossip, but I'm so frustrated with dcp's. They always drop them off to me dirty (dcb and his bro), I give them a bath all the time and the older boy said that I'm the only one who washes his hair (she said she confronted mom on that one and mom said that he won't LET her wash it). DCP's never have food to take over there when they visit or spend the night (dcb is supposedly gluten and milk intolerant), (I then asked if she needed any and she said no, she was going to stop at their house and get what she needs this time)", then she started talking about how she loves the boys, but thinks dcm is trying to make them seem special needs! My EXACT thoughts! She said that she thinks that dcm is teaching dcb's brother (3 years old) the markers of Autism and is making him act a certain way so that she can claim he is special needs. She said that they are as normal as they can be and every time they act out, dcm thinks something is wrong (I have noticed this many times). Then she said that their house is dirty and that L probably wouldn't have as many health problems if they cleaned.
These poor boys are in every type of therapy you can think of-speech, ot, pt, etc... I also told her that I clipped dcb's nails and she said she was going to do that the other day-they were almost as long as mine!

I said I had my opinion and didn't want to step on anyone's toes and just left it at that. She said well you have known her for a while, you probably figured some things out.

Unfortunately, I was right. If a close, almost family member has the same concerns as me, my suspicions were right. I also thought she was making stuff up just to seem special. Poor boys.
Tags:confidentiality, munchausen, narcissistic mother
Up