Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Parents
Lolasmom 09:39 AM 10-25-2019
Hi, first timer here..... I work in a preschool that ends at 3:30pm and we have parents that are continually rolling in at 3:33 and 3:35. This really isn't a huge issue to me but I have a few teachers that it really bugs. I have sent notes home to all parents letting them know we have other responsibilities after 3:30 so please be prompt as well as notes home that say you need to be walking back out the door at 3:30 and not in..... you get the point...
I personally think its silly to charge a parent $1-2 dollars but I also know I need to set a precedence that you do not need to be late and take advantage of us.. I also do not want it to be uncomfortable and have the parents walk in and me say you are late and you owe $.....
I need some suggestions as to how to say to the parents or get the point across nicely but firmly that you need to be getting here sooner.. Thank you in advance.....
Tags:backbone, enforcing policies - consistency, late arrivals, late fee, late fee - letter, late fee letter, management, professionalism
Up