Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nanny McPhee
nikia 10:08 AM 02-23-2011
My daughters and I watched Nanny McPhee returns last night and I so need/want her magical cane

I would love to tap it on the floor and get people to behave. I must say I think I want it more for the parents than the kids.

So my problem vent for today goes along with that. I get a text message last night TELLING ME NOT ASKING ME that dcb will be here 45 mins before I open. Then he actually isnt brought until my opening time Why do the parents do this??? I just feel so disrespected and I know half of it is my fault for letting them do things, even so do people just not have common respect anymore??

Another thought and I had a laugh over it was I am in Nursing school doing some pre req classes one of which is english comp. So we write a paper and have the class critique it. I write one about finding a good daycare One girl comments that anyone looking for a daycare should be able to see ones entire house including the bedroom of daycare provider and their children. ???????? Really because no daycare children are allowed in my upstairs so why should parents have to see that. Do you guys show your entire house if it is not used for daycare??? I dont, but this girl is a parent and would want to see her daycare providers whole house?????? I am wrong in thinking that my upstairs is my husbands, childrens and my own personal space and doesnt need to be shown?
daycare 10:15 AM 02-23-2011
nope you can see where you children will be and were my business is conducted...what I do in the rest of my house is my business, not yours....

Ask her this, since you are both interviewing each other can you check out her entire house

If someone asked and i said no and they left well then too bad...
nannyde 10:36 AM 02-23-2011
One girl comments that anyone looking for a daycare should be able to see ones entire house including the bedroom of daycare provider and their children.

NO problemo

There's a $100 viewing fee for all private areas paid at the begining of the interview.
nikia 10:39 AM 02-23-2011
Money does make the big difference in what people THINK they are entiled too
squareone 10:50 AM 02-23-2011
No way. It's just the parent being nosey. Here, they will be shown the daycare areas only. If they ask to see upstairs or downstairs I will kindly decline by telling them that this is my family's personal space and off-limits to non-family members. The only other person that is allowed to view non-daycare areas is the licensing inspector. If they insisted, I would tell them that although I don't have anything to hide, I prefer to respect my family's personal space and that I don't think this would be a good fit. Show them the door.
nannyde 11:07 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by nikia:
Money does make the big difference in what people THINK they are entiled too
Yup
That would be enough money to pay me to interview a family I wouldn't consider taking because they feel entitled to see my personal space.
Live and Learn 01:10 PM 02-23-2011
I do give a brief tour of the entire house. I don't have anything to hide and I am proud to show it off! I don't want my dc parents to think that I am hiding anything. I do explain that the dc kiddies only go upstairs to the bedrooms to nap.
littlemissmuffet 04:42 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
I do give a brief tour of the entire house. I don't have anything to hide and I am proud to show it off! I don't want my dc parents to think that I am hiding anything. I do explain that the dc kiddies only go upstairs to the bedrooms to nap.
Same here!
squareone 07:05 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
If I used my bedrooms for napping then I WOULD show them the upstairs or wherever the bedrooms were located in my house. My daycare happens to be entirely on the 1st floor of my house so that's all I show.
nikia 07:21 PM 02-23-2011
If I had the magic cane to put my laundry away then I might want to show off more
Live and Learn 07:42 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by nikia:
If I had the magic cane to put my laundry away then I might want to show off more
!
Believe me...the only days that my laundry is all washed, folded, and put away is on interview days and holidays when I might be entertaining.

I have even been known (in a pinch) to run through the house grabbing laundry and clutter and then shove it into my car!!!...true confessions!
blessed mom 09:21 PM 02-23-2011
As a provider I would not want to show the whole house simply because it's a lot of work just to keep the day care area together. Let's just say that my kids don't always share my enthusiasm for keeping things neat so yeah...that's a bit embarrassing. Plus...I don't make my bed and hubby always has a pile of clothes next to his side of the bed...so there. No need to share that!

But...as a mom I think I'd want to see the whole house. Not to be nosey but to get an idea of how orderly things were. Seriously...I don't think I'd be alarmed if they were real people with clothes on the floor but if I walked into a room that had peanut butter smeared on the walls and other gross things I might wonder about what's going on behind closed doors even if the day care area appeared clean. I think I'd feel more comfortable leaving my kid after seeing it all with no reservations.
Tags:interview, interview tour, nanny mcphee
Reply Up