Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outdoor Water Ban
Maddy'sMommy 04:46 AM 04-28-2011
My neighborhood (and a couple surrounding ones) have a city imposed outdoor water ban until approx. mid-august. They are fixing pipes, and the back up system is not big enough to support more than regular indoor use (i.e showering, drinking water, etc.)

This means
-no outdoor pools or splash pads (whether it is city run, daycare, private home)
-not hot tubs
-no sprinklers, filling kids pools
-no watering your gardens
-no washing your car (they are even asking local car washing businesses to not operate)

I think they will be offering and outdoor pool/hot tub programs where they bring water trucks by once and a while to fill up, but this ban covers a huge area, so not sure how effective that will be

Sigh.....lol

It does't effect my daycare too much because my kids a too young for sprinklers and kiddie pools yet, but I can see this being a hassle in general.
Meyou 04:53 AM 04-28-2011
That would ruin my whole summer. My SA kids spend all afternoon, every afternoon in our pool.
Cat Herder 04:55 AM 04-28-2011
We had that for about 4 years due to Multi-State "Water Wars".....

Now we have our own well so are exempt.
lil angels 05:09 AM 04-28-2011
we got put on a water ban here for a bit and it was just for watering our grass so we put in a sand point (small outdoor well) on our own so whatever the city does it doesn't matter we have our own water supply.
SilverSabre25 05:35 AM 04-28-2011
Yuck, that bites! There's going to be a lot of backlash for that, I'm sure.

Seems like they could have timed it better, like maybe split the project into multiple parts and just during the Spring and Autumn or something.
kidkair 05:45 AM 04-28-2011
I remember using bath and shower water to water the garden when I was little due to a drought induced watering ban.
countrymom 05:56 AM 04-28-2011
that would ruin it for me, because the older kids play in my pool, but once you fill the pool you use it all summer. I can see alot of backlash too.
Tags:utilities, water, water ban, water war
Reply Up