Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Party Day's
small_steps 01:51 PM 01-31-2012
As we approach Valentine's day I have been thinking about our Christmas party and wanted to make sure that an incident that happened that day doesn't happen on this party day. I want to put something in my policies about parents being welcome to attend parties but they need to be prepared to take their child with them when the do attend. It's confusing for the child and leaves me soothing a crying toddler/preschooler. How should I word it? Do any of you have that policy. Is it asking too muchof the parents? At the Christmas party (which started at 3 and lasted at least an hour) my 14 month old's parents (both) came and left at 4. She cried of course when they left. She didn't understand. This child is a cryer anyway. She cries almost everyday the last hour and a half of the day so on this day this was even worse. I just want to make sure this doesn't happen again with her or any other child.
Blackcat31 02:08 PM 01-31-2012
Here is one I used years ago when I still did parties....

Dear Parent:

Our Valentine's day party will be on Tuesday, February 14th at 2:00 p.m. As always, parents are welcome to attend the festivities. However, please keep in mind how difficult it can be for a child to see a parent leave twice in one day. Because of that, if you do choose to attend our party, you will be expected to take your child with you when you leave.

I do not want to discourage parents from attending but do not want to add any additional stress to a child's day so please be understanding about this policy.

Thank you for your support in this!

Provider

small_steps 02:35 PM 01-31-2012
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for just couldn't get it to sound right on my own. Thanks so much!
MissK 02:36 PM 01-31-2012
Black Cat ... can you count how many times you're told that you're totally awesome in one day?! lol That's a great letter I'm putting away for future use
Blackcat31 02:46 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by MissK:
Black Cat ... can you count how many times you're told that you're totally awesome in one day?! lol That's a great letter I'm putting away for future use
Aww, thanks! What can I say? In my past life I think I wrote letters for people. EVERYONE I know comes to me for "just the right wording" it seems.

Not only do I talk alot but I know how to put it in words too
daycare 02:49 PM 01-31-2012
unlike me who just talks alot.....lol

I am stealing this for our party too... NOt sure why I didn't think of it. I did put it down for our fieldtrips but will not put it down for all events............
Tags:party, party - policy, valentines day
Reply Up