Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cut Off Time For Drop Offs?
newtodaycare22 10:38 AM 12-14-2011
Who has this? I'm considering it but I'm not sure how parents would respond. I have kids who signed a contract with a drop off around 8:30 or 9 but show up any where from 9 to 12:30! (There is no different fee for amount of hours, it's just obnoxious and disruptive). I'd like to say if you're not here by snack at 10, you are not coming.

If you have it-do parents ever question it and what does your policy state?

Thanks!
Zoe 10:52 AM 12-14-2011
I do have a cut-off time for one family. They're always very good about letting me know what time their DD will be at my house. However, this year my own DD is in kindergarten and I take her to school, so I told the parents that they need to drop off dcg by 8:30 or they're going to have to wait until I get back.

If you have daycare families that aren't consistent in drop-offs, I'd say something to them. It really interrupts the day waiting for them. Just say, "I understand that you have a more flexible schedule, but unfortunately we do not. Please be sure to drop off little "Johnny" by x time so we can begin our day. If you haven't arrived by that time, I'll assume you aren't coming and will go about my day. Thanks! "
daycare 10:54 AM 12-14-2011
My cut off time is 9:15 am. If you arrive after 8:30 your child must arrived fed.

9:15 my preschool program starts and I will not tolerate constant disruptions. Once in awhile it's ok.

In my contract if they are not here by 9:15am, then they have to wait until 12:30 to drop off. No drop off after 12:30. Late arrival does not warrant a late pick up.
mismatchedsocks 11:13 AM 12-14-2011
I dont have a cut off. I do however ask if they let me know when they will be late dropping off. I have a few families who are home sleeping during this time, and sometimes runs errands with the children before coming, or lets the kids sleep in without waking them.

I even allow drop offs in afternoon during nap. It is quiet time here, so its a quick quiet drop off, with mom/dad staying outside and letting child come in on own.

Im pretty flexible and think it helps keep me full in this economy. I had the food rep here last week and she told me I am the only daycare she knows of in my city full!
Lucy 12:21 PM 12-14-2011
I like a SET time that they are coming. If they are not here within a certain period of time after that (30 minutes maybe??), I am free to assume they are not coming and I can leave for a walk or an outing. If they call a sufficient amount of time ahead and let me know they will be here late, and I don't have previous plans of not being here at the time they want to show up, then I will ok it. If we were going to go to the library or somewhere, and would be gone during the time they show up, they either have to meet me at the library, or not come.
daycare 12:35 PM 12-14-2011
same here, except I dont allow drop off or pick to occur anywhere but at the home.

I can't have my attention taken off of the kids for one hot second.

this just happened about three weeks dad was two hours late dropping off and it was library day. Dad had been warned many times about dropping off on time and he was soooo mad when we were not at the house.

His wife called me to find out where we were and I text her to let her know that dad was more than 2 hours late, and we are at the library. He will need to wait until we return. Dad had to call in late to work.

Guess that won't happen ever again..
Unregistered 10:17 AM 03-09-2020
This is a violation of merchant services not received. Visa it's a 13.1 and MasterCard it's a 4853. You can't charge for a service you have not provided. This is my job.

Today I reported my daycare. I couldn't go to work today because of my Dr appointments impeding with my drop off time. However when I picked my son up from daycare on Wednesday he was on fire with a fever of 101.6 and it was left ignored. No one called me when I didn't bring him in Thursday because I went to the Dr for him. No one bothers to check, shows real care for my child. So I let them know on Friday he has been sick because his fever was up still. They still even got to keep their prepay for that day. My son is 20 months old. There is no curriculum legally at that age here in TN. Nor is food a problem because I could just bring his lunch if too late to order.

So I prepaid for a day I can't use and DHS pays the rest. You can't get paid if you didn't work.
Cat Herder 10:44 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This is a violation of merchant services not received. Visa it's a 13.1 and MasterCard it's a 4853. You can't charge for a service you have not provided. This is my job.

Today I reported my daycare. I couldn't go to work today because of my Dr appointments impeding with my drop off time. However when I picked my son up from daycare on Wednesday he was on fire with a fever of 101.6 and it was left ignored. No one called me when I didn't bring him in Thursday because I went to the Dr for him. No one bothers to check, shows real care for my child. So I let them know on Friday he has been sick because his fever was up still. They still even got to keep their prepay for that day. My son is 20 months old. There is no curriculum legally at that age here in TN. Nor is food a problem because I could just bring his lunch if too late to order.

So I prepaid for a day I can't use and DHS pays the rest. You can't get paid if you didn't work.
Daycare is not a merchant service.

Read your contract.

If your child is not receiving decent care you will need to speak with the director to resolve the issue or terminate your contract.
Unregistered 07:02 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Daycare is not a merchant service.

Read your contract.

If your child is not receiving decent care you will need to speak with the director to resolve the issue or terminate your contract.
Merchant is anyone who sells a good or service. Daycare is a service thus a merchant service. Because you are selling a service.
Snowmom 11:18 AM 03-09-2020

How'd that work out for ya?
Unregistered 06:57 PM 03-09-2020
They are being investigated. Since DHS is the one paying. That's tax payer money. And since the daycare retaliated, they are being escalated. Upper management approval. They dig themselves a deep hole. Couldn't handle someone being late because they have Dr appointments. And I also have screen shots of their heartlessness to put all over review pages. First time late. And only sick with doctors note... And still paid for the sick days. But they refused to provide service and care food needy families on Snap and subsidy programs, they might just lose all access to subsidies.
Unregistered 07:06 PM 03-09-2020
They are being investigated. Since DHS is the one paying. That's tax payer money. And since the daycare retaliated, they are being escalated. Upper management approval. They dig themselves a deep hole. Couldn't handle someone being late because they have Dr appointments. And I also have screen shots of their heartlessness to put all over review pages. First time late. And only sick with doctors note... And still paid for the sick days. But they refused to provide service and care food needy families on Snap and subsidy programs, they might just lose all access to subsidies.
I forgot to include. It was only 5 minutes.
Cat Herder 03:58 AM 03-10-2020
I charge tuition, with a contract, per slot. It does not matter if the child attends or not, the tuition is still due or your child will no longer be enrolled. If payment was reversed, I'd take you to court on the theft of services with easy documentation to prove it. Tomato. Toma"to.

Why didn't you ask them in advance if you could arrive late for your child's Dr. appointment? Did they exclude because your child was still sick? Most places have an exception for well-child checks to the late arrival policy with notification. Some exclude if the child received immunizations.

To be honest, losing a subsidy is not the worst thing to happen to the center. Not accepting it at all has been the best business decision I have made. I can enforce my policies without clients feeling entitled to try to force me to comply with their personal wishes. My business is mine.

This seems such a small issue to have gone to this point. I suspect this is not the first time you and this center have had problems working together. It isn't heartless to enforce policies that benefit children and providers even if it inconveniences parents.
Blackcat31 06:26 AM 03-10-2020
Wow. I hope they sue you for slander.

This is a perfect example of entitled.
You don't get what you want so your goal is to ruin their business.

No wonder why this world is so messed up

I would be concerned about what type of message this sends to my child.
Unregistered 06:46 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Wow. I hope they sue you for slander.

This is a perfect example of entitled.
You don't get what you want so your goal is to ruin their business.

No wonder why this world is so messed up

I would be concerned about what type of message this sends to my child.
Lol. No this guy is entitled. And not only is he in trouble with DHS, but he let me record him yelling at me for keeping my money for future services he doesn't want to render. So now he's got to worry about his business license because im disputing that too with consumer affairs. He's not a nice guy. Loves yelling at people. I'm a business administration major and work in chargebacks for visa and MasterCard. I know my rights.
Tags:2011, cut off time, disruptions, drop off policy, parent- it's a verb, parental life choices, subsidy issues
Reply Up