Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My vent for today
Lucy 09:35 AM 08-10-2012
This is a family that has been with me for 9 years. I have 2 of their kids who have both been here since birth. It's kind of too late to start getting strict with the smaller rules at this point.

Her contracted arrival time is 7:30, but she really comes anywhere from 7:20 to 8:00. But 95% of the time it's 7:45. It's fine with me. Not like we're going to go anywhere before 8:00 anyway. And I have others that come at 7:00, so it's not like I'm not ready for her if she comes at 7:20.....

.....Usually!

My two 7:00 families are both not coming Thurs/Fri this week. So since this family comes at 7:45 the vast majority of the time, I thought I'd just be up and ready by 7:30. (I'm totally a sleeper. If I can get 30, 15, or even 10 min extra sleep, I will!!!) So yesterday she shows up at 7:20. I take my showers the night before, so I was just rolling out of bed at 7:20. I took my time as they knocked repeatedly. (No hubby or kids at home, so it's not like they woke anyone up.) Answered the door about 7:26.

Today, same thing ... expecting them at 7:30 - 7:45. Actually, hoping yesterday showed them that I wasn't ready for them and she'd think twice. So.... she sends a text at 6-friggin:30 saying she'll be here late today!!! What? So now I'm awake an hour early. I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. She shows up at 8:40, and after she leaves the 9 yr old says they haven't had breakfast.

Wow. It's like I want to just let her have it and say I need to know the night before if arrival will be anything other than 7:30-7:45, and by the way, breakfast is at 8:00 - not whenever you decide to show up.

I know you'll say that I should tell her these things, but it really does not happen often. As I said, 95% of the time she comes about 7:40-7:45. But that's 2 days in a row I was irritated by her!! Just had to get it off my chest. Not a major problem, but I feel better and know that many of you will "get it". Thanks!
cheerfuldom 09:57 AM 08-10-2012
Originally Posted by Lucy:
This is a family that has been with me for 9 years. I have 2 of their kids who have both been here since birth. It's kind of too late to start getting strict with the smaller rules at this point.

Her contracted arrival time is 7:30, but she really comes anywhere from 7:20 to 8:00. But 95% of the time it's 7:45. It's fine with me. Not like we're going to go anywhere before 8:00 anyway. And I have others that come at 7:00, so it's not like I'm not ready for her if she comes at 7:20.....

.....Usually!

My two 7:00 families are both not coming Thurs/Fri this week. So since this family comes at 7:45 the vast majority of the time, I thought I'd just be up and ready by 7:30. (I'm totally a sleeper. If I can get 30, 15, or even 10 min extra sleep, I will!!!) So yesterday she shows up at 7:20. I take my showers the night before, so I was just rolling out of bed at 7:20. I took my time as they knocked repeatedly. (No hubby or kids at home, so it's not like they woke anyone up.) Answered the door about 7:26.

Today, same thing ... expecting them at 7:30 - 7:45. Actually, hoping yesterday showed them that I wasn't ready for them and she'd think twice. So.... she sends a text at 6-friggin:30 saying she'll be here late today!!! What? So now I'm awake an hour early. I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. She shows up at 8:40, and after she leaves the 9 yr old says they haven't had breakfast.

Wow. It's like I want to just let her have it and say I need to know the night before if arrival will be anything other than 7:30-7:45, and by the way, breakfast is at 8:00 - not whenever you decide to show up.

I know you'll say that I should tell her these things, but it really does not happen often. As I said, 95% of the time she comes about 7:40-7:45. But that's 2 days in a row I was irritated by her!! Just had to get it off my chest. Not a major problem, but I feel better and know that many of you will "get it". Thanks!
I understand your irritation. but in her defense, you dont say any of this is a problem so why would she even stop? i hope it doesnt become the new norm....
Blackcat31 10:04 AM 08-10-2012
Sometimes just saying it outloud (or typing it) helps get the frustration out so you can move on and deal.

Glad you were able to get that off your chest. Hoping it continues to not happen very often. I have little things happen too that are no biggie but irritate me just the same.
DaisyMamma 10:22 AM 08-10-2012
It makes a huge difference to vent!
Either way you should say something. She has no idea it bothers you. Or maybe just mention it when you don't have the 7am arrivals that you need to know if she will be late or early the day before. If she says late then you can say, ok, but we do breakfast at 8 so make sure dcg has breakfast.
MsMe 06:36 PM 08-10-2012
it does really help to vent....my Give me strength post was the same thing....Not going to change I just needed to get it out!

I hope next week goes better
Lucy 06:42 PM 08-10-2012
Yes, exactly. I really wasn't after advice. (But I don't mind people giving it!) It's like you almost instantly feel a little better after letting it out! This is literally the ONLY place where others will "get" what you're talking about. My husband won't, my girlfriends won't, but you guys DO!!
MizzCheryl 06:43 PM 08-10-2012
Totally feel your irritation. I have a family that does the same thing. Sometimes you just have to get it off your chest. I can't always say what I want too.
THis job is just like any other job. Sometimes you have to put up with irritating crap and you can't always make a big deal out of it.
Daycarelady1979 07:09 PM 08-10-2012
I have a family like this too. Contracted time (on paper) is between 8-9 but she told me it would be 8:45 every day. Sometimes they don't show till 10. It drives me nuts! Normally I didn't care or say too much b/c I had another kid coming at 6:45 so I was already up & working but I felt frustrated b/c I could never make any morning plans. My 6:45 kid won't be coming back so now this 8:45 family will be my 1st ones here. My son starts school in a couple days & he gets on the bus at 8:30. Sometimes, just to be a cool mom (lol), I like to take him to school & he has to be there before the tardy bell rings at 9:15. I just hate not knowing when this kid is going to show up & not knowing if I can take my son to school or not. I told the mom today that I need to talk to her on Monday about her child's drop off time. I hope it's not rude to ask her to make her drop offs a little more consistant...but dang! I'm a sleeper too...I'll sleep as much as humanly possible before I have to roll out of bed & get moving.
Reply Up