Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Daycare Food Program
DonnaJean 11:49 AM 10-23-2012
Problems with the food program...I'm a parent of a child who attends a daycare center in the State of Michigan. I pay for my child's care and food is included in the cost. They sent home a form to be filled out for the food program. I did not want to provide my income, because I make too much to quailify for free or reduced lunches. It is clear that they get re-embursement for some of the food they provide the children, it is also clear that if they spend $1,000, at the end of the year in their Taxes, they can get back around $600 or $700.

The problem is the State of Michigan website states that any family that is above a certian income bracket does not have to fill out the household income verifcation form. But the Daycare says that if I do not fill it out, then my child will not be allowed to eat the centers food. I remind you that the cost of the food is included in the weekly rate I pay.

I'm frustrated and very confused...can some one clarify how a center can refuse my child the centers food (that is included in the weekly rate) just because I do not want to provide my income?
Tags:food program
Up