Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New DC Child
MizzCheryl 09:32 AM 07-10-2013
Started my first new DC child in over 2 years today. 19 months old. The only time he cried is when I washed his hands . Thanks to Nanny De!!! I used all the techniques you taught me and we had a smooth easy day, with a new toddler. WOW! He even laid right down and took a nap with NO CRYING, and mom said he wasn't on a nap schedule.

nannyde 09:42 AM 07-10-2013
Yay. I am so glad you have been able to use those techniques two years later. By now you got em down :-)

Happy to see you on my 5000'th post :-)
MizzCheryl 09:58 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Yay. I am so glad you have been able to use those techniques two years later. By now you got em down :-)

5000th post! HOORAY
Familycare71 10:33 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Ummmm- where are these tips??
preschoolteacher 11:13 AM 07-10-2013
Exactly! Where ARE these tips?

Congrats on the successful day!
blandino 07:15 PM 07-10-2013
[quote=Christie71;368644]Ummmm- where are these tips?? [/QU. OTE]

That's what I am wondering ? I am always so ready for a tough transition when I start a 19 month old.
MizzCheryl 10:36 AM 07-11-2013
[quote=blandino;368795]
Originally Posted by Christie71:
Ummmm- where are these tips?? [/QU. OTE]

That's what I am wondering ? I am always so ready for a tough transition when I start a 19 month old.
I have yet to hear this toddler cry today at all. AMAZING! And already he is learning our rules. He has already started looking up at me when he gets ready to do something, as if to say, it this right. I have 2 glass doors in the playroom, a sliding glass door to outside and a glass door to the kitchen. Ya know doors like that are a huge interest to kids and they want to rub their faces all over them. He already has learned to "Leave it". In 1 and a half days. Nap time just blows my mind. I laid him down today and he made kissy faces at me, I gave him a kiss and he wiggled right down and dozed off.
I got the tips from Nanny de. We did a couple of phone consults.
Some of tips I got from posts she made on here too.
She really understands kids.
When his parents picked him up they just went on and on about happy he was.
Blackcat31 12:42 PM 07-11-2013
Originally Posted by Christie71:
Ummmm- where are these tips??
Originally Posted by preschoolteacher:
Exactly! Where ARE these tips?

Congrats on the successful day!
Originally Posted by blandino:
NannyDe offers daycare consulting. She charges by the half hour but gives you specific and unique to you advice. http://daycarewhisperer.com/

She also has a few youtube videos that show some of her methods in action.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...be.PS3EH6NjXG0
Familycare71 01:45 PM 07-11-2013
I also found the link to her blogs . I am reading through them now!! So great to get a diff perspective!
She also suggests finding a "side job"... I have been caring for kids (center,nanny,fdc) for *gulp!* 20 years! I am thinking of starting a local consult for in home providers... I just really have no idea where to start
Thanks Nan!
Reply Up