Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paypal for Payments
Francine 06:41 AM 09-22-2014
I have one of my Moms wanting to start paying me through Paypal, do any of you do this?
Meyou 06:46 AM 09-22-2014
I wouldn't do it. Paypal charges fees to the person recieving the money. Most of my parents pay through email money transfer through their banks. It's free and easy to do. Maybe ask her to look into that option?
Francine 07:04 AM 09-22-2014
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I wouldn't do it. Paypal charges fees to the person recieving the money. Most of my parents pay through email money transfer through their banks. It's free and easy to do. Maybe ask her to look into that option?
She looked into that, I guess it's free for both the sender and the recipient when you fund the transfer with your bank acct. It's debit or credit cards that have the fee.
Angelsj 07:04 AM 09-22-2014
Part of Paypal's user agreement also states that you cannot charge the person paying more to cover the receiver's fees. Just as a head's up.
Unregistered 08:31 AM 09-22-2014
And it's also possible for the person paying to do a chargeback. The you would be out money. Best bet is to do a money transfer or cash/check
Blackcat31 09:08 AM 09-22-2014
I'd be concerned about the amount of time the transfer takes.

If money is due on Friday, will the Paypal transfer be made in enough time to make sure the money is available to you on the due date?

AVAILABILITY of the money is how I figure these things.
DaveA 11:24 AM 09-22-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I'd be concerned about the amount of time the transfer takes.
This. I use paypal all the time for my craft stuff but not for child care. Between fees and the uncertainty of the transfer time, I wouldn't mess with it.
TwinKristi 12:41 PM 09-22-2014
There are ways around charging people the fees. You can charge your own $5-7 fee (or however much to cover the percentage you will pay) and it should be instantly in your PayPal acct. I have a debit card from PayPal so I have immediate access to the money.

I have one family who's paid that way a few times and I will gladly accept that! And if you are comfortable with the family you can ask them to send it as Friends & Family which then protects you from chargebacks as well. So many banks do transfers for free now so it's almost silly to pay a fee from PayPal if that's what happens.
Reply Up