Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Leigh 06:45 PM 03-09-2016
Originally Posted by ktvz:
I was helping out a mom with child care issues. I've always felt she was a little shady, because of all the "problems" she has with her providers, but didn't mind helping her out when she was in a bind if I had the space -- but always with an end date.

I had the kids scheduled Monday and Tuesday. We had a gmail calendar she accesses as a reminder.

So I'm expecting her 9:30 on Monday, and she doesn't show. At 10:00, I FB message her, as that is how we usually communicate. No answer.

Later in the day, I can see she's been active on messenger and she's posting on FB, but she's leaving my message unanswered.

I wasn't even going to go any further, but Tuesday afternoon, I decided to message that I had assumed something came up on Monday, but was surprised not to hear from her on Tuesday. Told her it seemed she must have made other arrangements for the kids, and I hope everything works out -- mostly just to wrap up our relationship nicely.

Today I get a message that she's been working at night -- which is true, so she's been sleeping instead of going to class, but she's going to try to change her school schedule.

I message back that I hope they let her change her schedule.

What I don't message is that I feel like the least she can do is apologize for not showing or not responding -- you know, common decency, especially for someone that has helped you out when you were in a bind more than once.

Especially since your oldest kid is exhausting, probably because -- Surprise! She has no consistency.

Oh, and I listen when you talk, so I figured out who your other provider is, and according to the pictures she posted on FB, you slept through class, but magically transported your kids to her house on Monday and Tuesday.

Never call or message me again for any purpose -- but especially for child care.

You. Are. The. Worst.
I've had more than one drop in that I have prepared for who never showed. Sometimes, they're at least kind enough to message me to let me know that they found a free sitter. I had one that scheduled with me twice, and was no call, no show (she was always posting on Facebook childcare pages that she NEEDED a reliable childcare). The third time she contacted me, I told her that I DO have space, but am not willing to schedule her because of her history of not showing up. She went off on me, swearing that she had NEVER scheduled with me before, she was offended, blah blah. I messaged her back a copy of our previous conversations and never heard from her again.

I would DEFINITELY let the mom who didn't show Monday/Tuesday that she can call whomever she took her kids to when they were scheduled with you. It's not about jealousy or competitiveness-it's about common courtesy and respect.
MKdaycare 07:04 PM 03-09-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I've had more than one drop in that I have prepared for who never showed. Sometimes, they're at least kind enough to message me to let me know that they found a free sitter. I had one that scheduled with me twice, and was no call, no show (she was always posting on Facebook childcare pages that she NEEDED a reliable childcare). The third time she contacted me, I told her that I DO have space, but am not willing to schedule her because of her history of not showing up. She went off on me, swearing that she had NEVER scheduled with me before, she was offended, blah blah. I messaged her back a copy of our previous conversations and never heard from her again.

I would DEFINITELY let the mom who didn't show Monday/Tuesday that she can call whomever she took her kids to when they were scheduled with you. It's not about jealousy or competitiveness-it's about common courtesy and respect.
Yeah, Leigh. This mom is the same. Truth is, I'm not willing to engage her anymore. I imagine "offending" her would only give me more problems. It's clear this woman doesn't respect me. I just won't have any more space -- or maybe I won't get her message for two days, and it will be too late. LOL

I won't do it, because it's asking for trouble, but I wish I could alert the other provider to save her the trouble. I know her name because of the laundry list of issues that the mom says she had with her, but I imagine she'll find that out in good time.
Blackcat31 05:53 AM 03-10-2016

I won't do it, because it's asking for trouble, but I wish I could alert the other provider to save her the trouble. I know her name because of the laundry list of issues that the mom says she had with her, but I imagine she'll find that out in good time.
What is "trouble" for one is not the same for another.

If another provider called me to "save me the trouble", I would view that provider in the same negative light I view parents that talk badly of their previous providers.

Everyone's journey is different and some lessons are best left to be learned on their own.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with this client/family.
Leigh 06:42 AM 03-10-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

If another provider called me to "save me the trouble", I would view that provider in the same negative light I view parents that talk badly of their previous providers.

Everyone's journey is different and some lessons are best left to be learned on their own.

Agreed. I'll share with providers who are my friends about a daycare family that's a nightmare for me or for another friend, but I wouldn't reach out to a provider that I didn't know and trust. I know some BAD things about some providers in my town, too. I WANT to tell parents to avoid them, I've even heard bad things from CPS about them, but I don't want to look bad. All I can do is to not recommend them to people when I offer a list of providers for someone to call. Plus, if the state's aware of what's going on in those homes (and they are) and they can't do anything about it, neither can I.
MKdaycare 06:43 AM 03-10-2016

Thank you, and I totally agree with you. That's exactly why I said I won't do it. I'm certain, based on this client's history, that it's only a matter of time before the new provider figures it out on her own.
lovemydaycare0912 07:09 AM 03-10-2016
We were in the er last night for chest pains that eventually went away but now Im tired and all I wanna do is sleep all day!!! 6pm where are you?
lovemydaycare0912 07:10 AM 03-10-2016
Thank you, and I totally agree with you. That's exactly why I said I won't do it. I'm certain, based on this client's history, that it's only a matter of time before the new provider figures it out on her own.
Sorry you went through this. A lot of times, we try to help others out, and end up getting burned. Better luck next time.
Febby 07:15 AM 03-10-2016
I didn't feel great when I woke up, but not awful. Well, the longer I'm up and working, the worse I feel. And, of course, it looks like every single one of my 22 kids will be showing up today. Plus it's raining so we're stuck inside.
LysesKids 08:10 AM 03-10-2016
I was helping out a mom with child care issues. I've always felt she was a little shady, because of all the "problems" she has with her providers, but didn't mind helping her out when she was in a bind if I had the space -- but always with an end date.

I had the kids scheduled Monday and Tuesday. We had a gmail calendar she accesses as a reminder.

So I'm expecting her 9:30 on Monday, and she doesn't show. At 10:00, I FB message her, as that is how we usually communicate. No answer.

Later in the day, I can see she's been active on messenger and she's posting on FB, but she's leaving my message unanswered.

I wasn't even going to go any further, but Tuesday afternoon, I decided to message that I had assumed something came up on Monday, but was surprised not to hear from her on Tuesday. Told her it seemed she must have made other arrangements for the kids, and I hope everything works out -- mostly just to wrap up our relationship nicely.

Today I get a message that she's been working at night -- which is true, so she's been sleeping instead of going to class, but she's going to try to change her school schedule.

I message back that I hope they let her change her schedule.

What I don't message is that I feel like the least she can do is apologize for not showing or not responding -- you know, common decency, especially for someone that has helped you out when you were in a bind more than once.

Especially since your oldest kid is exhausting, probably because -- Surprise! She has no consistency.

Oh, and I listen when you talk, so I figured out who your other provider is, and according to the pictures she posted on FB, you slept through class, but magically transported your kids to her house on Monday and Tuesday.

Never call or message me again for any purpose -- but especially for child care.

You. Are. The. Worst.
This is what I would consider Drop-in care & if she had done this to me, she would have been told sorry, but you must now prepay 24 hrs in advance for any days you require... no pay, no reservation and I will not be planning on your child attending.

It's plain as day in the Drop-in policies I hand out when someone signs the contract (it's written slightly different than my regular contract). I start the prepay after the first no show/no call... I use to give parents more leeway, like 2 or 3 call offs before saying no more, but I got wise over the last few years lol. The fact she just flat out avoided you & you knew... yeah, sorry, I don't have a spot available. If I hadn't found out, then it would still be prepay for the hours needed
pandamom 08:19 AM 03-10-2016
Caregiver in my sister room is on vacation. Because of not having enough people with a background check, I've been pulled from my room to work in the other room. The other person working with me is brand new. And it's been storming all week so we've been stuck inside trying to keep fourteen 2 year olds entertained with limited gross motor activity. Can't wait for this week to be over.
MKdaycare 01:23 PM 03-10-2016
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
This is what I would consider Drop-in care & if she had done this to me, she would have been told sorry, but you must now prepay 24 hrs in advance for any days you require... no pay, no reservation and I will not be planning on your child attending.

It's plain as day in the Drop-in policies I hand out when someone signs the contract (it's written slightly different than my regular contract). I start the prepay after the first no show/no call... I use to give parents more leeway, like 2 or 3 call offs before saying no more, but I got wise over the last few years lol. The fact she just flat out avoided you & you knew... yeah, sorry, I don't have a spot available. If I hadn't found out, then it would still be prepay for the hours needed
I totally agree with you! I haven't run into a lot of providers that do drop-in care on this forum. I'm glad to hear you'd do things the same way. I figured she'd apologize on Monday, and then I'd ask for prepayment in the future -- knowing she's never do it -- but since she avoided and lied, I decided I'd never deal with her again. Would you mind at all sharing your drop-in contract with me? I'd love to see it.
lovemydaycare0912 04:19 AM 03-11-2016
Sent home 2 kids sick yesterday and my husband haa been sick since yesterday. I was able to get his fever down from 103.5 to 99.0 by waking up every 4 hours to give him medicine. Hopefully the kids who do come today aren't sick. Happy Friday
Blackcat31 05:11 AM 03-11-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
Sent home 2 kids sick yesterday and my husband haa been sick since yesterday. I was able to get his fever down from 103.5 to 99.0 by waking up every 4 hours to give him medicine. Hopefully the kids who do come today aren't sick. Happy Friday
Ugh! Doesn't sound like a fun way to start the weekend...

I hope everyone feels better soon and that you don't end up with it too!
lovemykidstoo 05:20 AM 03-11-2016
Mom that has touble getting her 2 kids to eat bought a whole box of Tim HOrton Timbits when she picked up yesterday. The boys had eaten 3/4 of hte box before they left the driveway. I said, what's for dinner? She said donuts hahaha.

Other dcm is picking up dcg early today to go 1 1/2 hr to see her sister. She's driving by herself with the 5 month old. Said she's going to have to stop halfway through and go to her other sisters house to calm the baby down because she's not used being in the backseat alone. This is the baby you can't put down for a second or she cries. Have a great trip! lol
Leigh 06:37 AM 03-11-2016
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Mom that has touble getting her 2 kids to eat bought a whole box of Tim HOrton Timbits when she picked up yesterday. The boys had eaten 3/4 of hte box before they left the driveway. I said, what's for dinner? She said donuts hahaha.

Other dcm is picking up dcg early today to go 1 1/2 hr to see her sister. She's driving by herself with the 5 month old. Said she's going to have to stop halfway through and go to her other sisters house to calm the baby down because she's not used being in the backseat alone. This is the baby you can't put down for a second or she cries. Have a great trip! lol
My sister wouldn't travel alone with her son even when he was 8 because she wasn't able to entertain him from the front seat. If she didn't have someone to go with her (and sit in the backseat with him), she wouldn't go. She said it was just too hard. She couldn't believe it when she found out that I took my son and 3 foster kids (infant, toddler, 2 preschoolers) to the grocery store by myself-HOW did I do it!?! She STILL has a hard time parenting alone-if her husband or our mother aren't there to enable her, she just stays home. I don't understand these people!
lovemykidstoo 07:41 AM 03-11-2016
My sister wouldn't travel alone with her son even when he was 8 because she wasn't able to entertain him from the front seat. If she didn't have someone to go with her (and sit in the backseat with him), she wouldn't go. She said it was just too hard. She couldn't believe it when she found out that I took my son and 3 foster kids (infant, toddler, 2 preschoolers) to the grocery store by myself-HOW did I do it!?! She STILL has a hard time parenting alone-if her husband or our mother aren't there to enable her, she just stays home. I don't understand these people!
Oh my gosh 8 years old? UGH That will probably be this mom. I half expect her not to go. Crazy. I always had to look to see if my kids were breathing back there, they were so quiet!
lovemydaycare0912 08:31 AM 03-11-2016
Ugh! Doesn't sound like a fun way to start the weekend...

I hope everyone feels better soon and that you don't end up with it too!
Thanks blackcat! I was sick 2 weeks ago so hopefully not again! Its beautiful over here.
kidsandchicks 08:46 AM 03-11-2016
Argh! Every morning I mop and vacuum before kids arrive. And every morning the 9yo brother off one of my dcgs comes bounding in to my house, through the living room and in to the playroom. He tracks all his dust on to my clean floors and proceeds to mess with the dogs through the playroom window. Which means the dogs then jump up on the window getting their paw prints all over them. It's annoying behavior.

I love this family and will only have them until August and my original plan was to tolerate it until then. However, I am seriously considering a 'no shoes past the front door' rule just to curb his behavior. 😠
Blackcat31 09:07 AM 03-11-2016
Originally Posted by kidsandchicks:
Argh! Every morning I mop and vacuum before kids arrive. And every morning the 9yo brother off one of my dcgs comes bounding in to my house, through the living room and in to the playroom. He tracks all his dust on to my clean floors and proceeds to mess with the dogs through the playroom window. Which means the dogs then jump up on the window getting their paw prints all over them. It's annoying behavior.

I love this family and will only have them until August and my original plan was to tolerate it until then. However, I am seriously considering a 'no shoes past the front door' rule just to curb his behavior. 😠
I would go even farther and not allow children that aren't enrolled beyond the door.

I'd cite liability reasons. If he isn't an enrolled child, the liability for me is too great to risk allowing him beyond the front door.
Febby 04:28 PM 03-11-2016
Two of my co-workers at my center do NOT get along and have been spreading rumors about each other all week. They've both been talked to by management about it. And, honestly, they're not well liked around the center and both of them are known liars so I doubt anyone worthwhile believes most of it anyway.

Well, one of them managed to trick another co-worker into giving her my phone number and now she's accusing me of helping the other girl spread nasty rumors about her. She basically said that if I don't apologize and tell everyone I made it up, that she'll be telling our director that I spent tonight at a bar starting fights. I quit replying after the first couple texts, but that isn't stopping her from continuing to send them.

Well, my director isn't an idiot, but I'll probably send screenshots of those messages to her just in case there's any doubt. I just hate bugging her on a weekend.
Silly Songs 07:45 PM 03-11-2016
Wow are you sure you aren't in Texas at my former center ? I'm glad those days are behind me.
finsup 08:03 AM 03-14-2016
Dcm sends a text 2 mins before dcb was going to be dropped off (dcd drops off). Claims he's got "allergies"... You know, a cough, runny nose, and " allergy eyes." Oh, you mean he's sick? Because there's nothing out right now that causes "allergies"... And last time it was " allergies" he was sick. Oh yes, I remember. So dcb comes in, says he had medicine because he doesn't feel well. Great wet cough, constantly runny nose, eyes watery and red. Yeah dcm I'm not stupid. He's sick. Pick him up, now.
Ugh. Something is going to need to be done. I'm not sure what yet. Part of me really wants to term but they have been a great family in every other way. But the dose and drop...and the lying...I'm really having a hard time with it. This is like the 3rd or 4th time it's happened in 6 months. I suspected dose and drop before but today was the only day it was "confirmed." Well, as much as a 3 year old can verify things but I suspect he was telling the truth.
Snowmom 09:08 AM 03-14-2016
Argh. I'm having a bad run lately.

Last week I put the 4 yr old twins (parents) on probation. Hitting/throwing/lying. Gave it two weeks to change.

Today:
Dcb2 has bit for the second time.

Another parent of sibs questioning policies while dropping off and trying to break 3 of them (payment, jewelry, leaving belongings). All solved, but I hate putting my foot down and the tone the parent took.

dcb3 rough playing all morning.

I'm starting to think I need to move and start over.
Hunni Bee 07:00 PM 03-15-2016
Low carb diet + broke = hungry. all. the. time.

I hadn't realized much I depended on things like pasta, rice, etc to round out our meals until now. I eat minimal meat (probably about 5 or less servings in a week) and probably even less dairy. So I am starving.

This probably wasn't the best time to go on a diet, but my doctors are basically refusing to treat my PCOS until I have my fibroid surgery , but it's ruining my life so I have to do something on my own. I'm looked up some supplements that help in that area, so I am taking those and attempting to lose weight. I do look and feel better but I'm just constantly hungry.

If I don't waste away by payday I'll buy some better options for my diet. Send positive thoughts!
hope 06:41 AM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

I hadn't realized much I depended on things like pasta, rice, etc to round out our meals until now. I eat minimal meat (probably about 5 or less servings in a week) and probably even less dairy. So I am starving.

This probably wasn't the best time to go on a diet, but my doctors are basically refusing to treat my PCOS until I have my fibroid surgery , but it's ruining my life so I have to do something on my own. I'm looked up some supplements that help in that area, so I am taking those and attempting to lose weight. I do look and feel better but I'm just constantly hungry.

If I don't waste away by payday I'll buy some better options for my diet. Send positive thoughts!
I have had a lot of success with my diet lately. Lost 50 pounds. Try snacking on an apple, pickles, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers when you are hungry. If you dont snack you will most likely cheat at your meals. Good luck!
MsLisa 06:20 AM 03-17-2016
I go absolutely mental researching marketing/business & putting together a meticulously perfected website. I made simple, straight to the point ads everywhere.
Results = Nothing. Not a peep. Not a single soul.

So..........
I delete my website & all previous ads out of frustration. I put up a reverse psychology style witty, borderline sarcastic, ad up on CL & Care.
RESULTS = 2 families emails intrigued by my ad, requesting info & interested within 48hrs.

WHAT. THE. HECK.

I'm professional & respectable, no one bats an eye.
I'm a sharp witted & open ended, everyone wants me.
Baby Beluga 06:42 AM 03-17-2016
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
I go absolutely mental researching marketing/business & putting together a meticulously perfected website. I made simple, straight to the point ads everywhere.
Results = Nothing. Not a peep. Not a single soul.

So..........
I delete my website & all previous ads out of frustration. I put up a reverse psychology style witty, borderline sarcastic, ad up on CL & Care.
RESULTS = 2 families emails intrigued by my ad, requesting info & interested within 48hrs.

WHAT. THE. HECK.

I'm professional & respectable, no one bats an eye.
I'm a sharp witted & open ended, everyone wants me.

Hah! I have done similar with similar results. It's amazing what different people will respond to AND how the same people will respond differently to different ads.
I think a lot of time people are confused and scared of professional postings. And some people steer clear of professional posts because they feel they will not be the ones in control of the relationship.
pandamom 09:37 AM 03-17-2016
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

Big hugs. I changed my diet drastically too in January to help combat the symptoms of my PCOS and endometriosis. I started with the auto immune protocol and then modified it based on my reactions. I ended up with Paleo but fine with white rice and corn. It has made a huge difference.

But you're right it is expensive. DH eats Paleo too, my kids don't. But it still almost doubled my grocery bill. I found some ways to save. I buy ground beef when it's on sale and freeze it. There are lots of great paleo recipes for ground beef to add variety. Cabbage is a great filler. I make lots of soups (with homemade bone broth which is inexpensive to make). The bone broth helps add good protein without the yucky stuff in commercial broth.

It is worth it. It doesn't eliminate all my symptoms, but i feel tons better and have lost weight.
Play Care 09:13 AM 03-18-2016
The new food program lady stopped by while I was out on an appointment. My sub was outside with the kids as it was well after my meal time, and she made her bring everyone back in to see my menus.
On the checklist she put the wrong name down for provider. And she's claiming she witnessed a morning snack.
I don't serve morning snack. And I let them know that over two years ago. Apparently my sub did give the kids some crackers to hold them over (which I'm ticked about since they had a large breakfast at 8 and lunch by 11:30...) but she didn't have a full snack (protein, drink, etc) because it's not a snack I serve or claim.
So irritated.
lovemydaycare0912 12:28 PM 03-20-2016
The dcm I posted about on regular thread text me saying she would let me know tomorrow when she is putting her 2 weeks in. I just don't get why she needed to text me that. You are mad because YOU got charged a late fee because YOU were late and YOU were the one to disrespect ME. I am happy she is terming as I cannot deal with disrespect. Just felt like venting about the text because I thought it was pointless. Happy Palm Sunday!
lovemydaycare0912 05:02 AM 03-21-2016
The dcm I posted about on regular thread text me saying she would let me know tomorrow when she is putting her 2 weeks in. I just don't get why she needed to text me that. You are mad because YOU got charged a late fee because YOU were late and YOU were the one to disrespect ME. I am happy she is terming as I cannot deal with disrespect. Just felt like venting about the text because I thought it was pointless. Happy Palm Sunday!
Might I add she texted again at 422 AM!!!!! Apologizing for her behavior. Uh seriously come on.
Play Care 05:05 AM 03-21-2016
Might I add she texted again at 422 AM!!!!! Apologizing for her behavior. Uh seriously come on.
I turn my phone off at night.

But if it's your only phone and you can't, I'd make the term decision for her...
Indoorvoice 05:41 AM 03-21-2016
Of course the family who has gone on multiple vacations without dck this year has no sick days left and no back up care available when I need to close for the flu. Of course. And of course the response I get when I tell them I have to close is, "sorry, but we will be there tomorrow. We have no other option."
childcaremom 06:28 AM 03-21-2016
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Of course the family who has gone on multiple vacations without dck this year has no sick days left and no back up care available when I need to close for the flu. Of course. And of course the response I get when I tell them I have to close is, "sorry, but we will be there tomorrow. We have no other option."
Oh my. I hope you reminded them that back up care is their responsibility.
Play Care 06:29 AM 03-21-2016
I truly hope you told them the door would be locked and not answered

Hope you feel better!!
Ariana 06:36 AM 03-21-2016
WHAT??!!! They went on vacay without their kid?

Do not answer your door. I would literally term them immediately if I could. So disrespectful.
lovemydaycare0912 07:43 AM 03-21-2016
Uhm no. I hope you did not open that door for them.
lovemydaycare0912 07:46 AM 03-21-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I turn my phone off at night.

But if it's your only phone and you can't, I'd make the term decision for her...
I keep it on vibrate because of family but it didnt wake me up. I saw it in the morning. I am going to talk to my husband to see how this convo will go. But I already have interviews scheduled so too bad for her.
Unregistered 08:44 AM 03-21-2016
Ok we need an update on this 😜
Their failure to plan is their problem not yours!!
Indoorvoice 10:51 AM 03-21-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Ok we need an update on this 😜
Their failure to plan is their problem not yours!!
Oh man, it's so complicated. They are related and I started off on the wrong foot with them giving them the benefit of the doubt for several things I shouldn't have and now our professional relationship is non existent. All my fault, it's just frustrating the the one family who should work with me is my worst one. So yeah, their child is here today. But don't worry, I gave them a 2 month notice 1 month ago so I don't have long left with them. Just wish I could take care of my own sick kid today. She's miserable and needs her momma and this little guy is a handful. Thanks for listening to my vent.
Blackcat31 12:00 PM 03-21-2016
Oh man, it's so complicated. They are related and I started off on the wrong foot with them giving them the benefit of the doubt for several things I shouldn't have and now our professional relationship is non existent. All my fault, it's just frustrating the the one family who should work with me is my worst one. So yeah, their child is here today. But don't worry, I gave them a 2 month notice 1 month ago so I don't have long left with them. Just wish I could take care of my own sick kid today. She's miserable and needs her momma and this little guy is a handful. Thanks for listening to my vent.
Well then the least you could do is let him snuggle up to your little one.
Play Care 04:36 AM 03-22-2016
I am flat out.
Like less than a nanosecond from snapping.
Between work, volunteer obligations, parenting, etc. I just can not do it.
I need time off, and not just a day.
lovemydaycare0912 04:50 AM 03-22-2016
Well then the least you could do is let him snuggle up to your little one.
I think that is a great idea! =]
lovemydaycare0912 04:51 AM 03-22-2016
I am flat out.
Can you take a week vacation? or like me a 3 day weekend? My husband and I are going a few states away to a resort to just relax and do nothing. I can't wait. I need it so bad too.

I hope you are able to get some time off and do something for yourself.
Blackcat31 05:08 AM 03-22-2016
I am flat out.
PM me if you need to vent some more...
daycarediva 08:42 AM 03-22-2016
I am flat out.

Feel free to PM me as well!

I was feeling the same way this month- now I am closed Friday and have a spa appt (hair and massage!) I am taking a day off in June with dd to go have a girls day, lunch and shopping, and a three day weekend in July.

Maybe it's time to cut back? I didn't take any classes this semester and I probably wont for summer either.
Sunshine74 10:31 AM 03-22-2016
I am flat out.
I hear you. I hope you get some sort of break to recharge!
MunchkinWrangler 08:19 PM 03-22-2016
I am flat out.
Take next Friday off, just say it's a Dr. appt. or something! I'm sorry you've reached burn out. I had to take a step back and from someone's thread on here I decided to take off the last Friday of every other month for a personal day. Some of them worked out with holidays giving me a 4 day weekend. I made handouts which required signatures, explaining that these days would not be deducted for pay. All of my parents gladly and politely obliged. I'm blessed to have families that want to make sure that I am healthy and sane and are understanding. In the meantime
Play Care 02:56 AM 03-23-2016
Thanks all!
I am off this Friday already. It will be nice, but I really just need more than a day off at this point.
Unregistered 06:21 PM 03-23-2016
So depressed and frustrated. I've been on disability since I was 18, my condition has improved as I've gotten older (I'm 30 and have Fibromyalgia) and I need to get myself and my three year old son out of my narcissistic mother's house. I started working, as a teacher, it's tough on me but I love it. And I still can't afford to get us out of here! I can't move because I share custody and rent is insane in the whole county! I work full time for over minimum wage and I would hardly afford a studio. And who wants a single mom and preschooler as their roommate? No one. It seems hopeless. The Section 8 wait here is 8to 10 years. 3 to 5 at income based housing. I could take a second job but I'd be leaving my son mainly with my parents then (his father works three cruddy jobs and is always busy) and hardly see him which would defeat the entire point! I'm working so hard and getting no freedom that's my vent.
MunchkinWrangler 07:05 PM 03-23-2016
Today was frustrating to me. I was not keeping my cool today and it was apparent to the kids. I feel bad. I was trying to catch up on my personal chores and daycare chores and trying to keep everyone entertained and I'm planning our Easter celebration tomorrow. I've been wearing many hats lately and feeling overwhelmed. Looking forward to my 3 day weekend but I hate feeling guilty for being in a not so great mood today. I wear my heart on my sleeve so no matter how hard I try to mask my emotions, everyone notices. Ugh.
Unregistered 12:07 AM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
Today was frustrating to me. I was not keeping my cool today and it was apparent to the kids. I feel bad. I was trying to catch up on my personal chores and daycare chores and trying to keep everyone entertained and I'm planning our Easter celebration tomorrow. I've been wearing many hats lately and feeling overwhelmed. Looking forward to my 3 day weekend but I hate feeling guilty for being in a not so great mood today. I wear my heart on my sleeve so no matter how hard I try to mask my emotions, everyone notices. Ugh.
Repeat after me- We. Are. Human.
Let the guilt go. There are all sorts of things out there about "mom guilt" but I think anyone who works with kids day in day out experiences some version of that when they aren't always perfect because we have a sense that children are relatively powerless so it's up to us to do right by them. And we should, but that doesn't mean perfection, some days that means good enough. Hugs to you, enjoy your weekend!
childcaremom 08:24 AM 03-24-2016
I think I may be approaching burn out. With everything.

Dcfs. Dcks. My own dks. My dh.

Blech. Looking forward to the long weekend.
Miss A 08:47 AM 03-24-2016
Flaky drop-in DCM has text 3 times this week for drop-in care, as her usual provider is on vacation and flaky DCM doesn't plan ahead. Yesterday and today we have been hit with an awful winter storm. Today, only one DCK is here due to weather, and the local school's Easter break. About an hour ago we lost power, and about 4,000 residents in our county are without power as well. Flaky DCM texts for drop-in care, stating she doesn't have power and needs someplace with heat. Sorry DCM, I am without power too, the whole county is too. Not a huge deal, this DCM just rubs me wrong, and this really bothered me today. Thank God she only needs care every 6 months or so. Tuesday her diaper bag was packed with dirty clothes. Not DCK's dirty clothes, DCM's dirty underwear. I don't get paid enough for this!
MunchkinWrangler 10:14 AM 03-24-2016
Repeat after me- We. Are. Human.
Let the guilt go. There are all sorts of things out there about "mom guilt" but I think anyone who works with kids day in day out experiences some version of that when they aren't always perfect because we have a sense that children are relatively powerless so it's up to us to do right by them. And we should, but that doesn't mean perfection, some days that means good enough. Hugs to you, enjoy your weekend!
Thank you! You are right, today I feel much better and rested, which helps! I think that is just it, striving for perfection can be exhausting. It's hard when you plan for certain activities and the kids aren't interested or looking at you like you're crazy. Feeling judged also doesn't help. Thank you, thank you, it helps to be reminded of this.
Boymom 01:30 PM 03-24-2016
3 year old dcb I swear has not listened to me once today and he's kicking my rear end! I'm so done! I have to repeat myself over and over and over and over! I feel like a darn broken record. I can't even remember how many times I've had to put him in time out today. Is there a limit lol?!
Boymom 01:36 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I think I may be approaching burn out. With everything.

Dcfs. Dcks. My own dks. My dh.

Blech. Looking forward to the long weekend.
Meeee too!!! I'm so burned out today I could just cry. I'm thankful to be at home with my boys, but everyone in this house is driving me up the wall. I'm so done and I can't wait to get off work today!!!
SnowGirl 07:23 AM 03-25-2016
Since I'm legally unlicensed and only care for one other family right now, I've been very casual with my DCF. They've treated me very well, always picking up on time and understanding of my pregnancy and needing to take it easy sometimes. I gave them a huge sibling discount (also gave them the discount knowing I wouldn't be 100% energetic during pregnancy).

Part of my casual-ness has been over breakfast. They asked in interview if they could bring breakfast for dcg2, and I said as long as they dropped off by 7:30 that would be fine (morning snack is at 9:30 and my own family eats breakfast at 6:30). They've consistently dropped off at 7:45 or later, sometimes bringing breakfast, sometimes not. They always let their daughter know she has to share with my daughter (which is nice because otherwise this arrangement would NEVER work with two year olds).

Today, they drop off at 8:00 with a big bag of goldfish () and a large plate of cut fruit. They say to their daughter "share the goldfish. the fruit is only for you."

I've NEVER dealt with them acting like that, and I was just shocked. I never even serve the goldfish when they bring them, I just throw them straight in the trash. Needless to say, I just served the fruit, to BOTH girls, and served up some toast as well. I don't know why they would act that way - I'm hoping it was just thoughtlessness and nothing more. They are only here for a week more before my maternity leave (I'm 38 weeks!), and then DCG2 goes to preschool. They're bringing DCbaby back in May and we are renegotiating a contract before they come back, so I'm not sure whether I'll be more firm in policies or what (probably should be since I plan on getting licensed and getting more DCKs sometime this next year)...but I'm just a little put off by their behavior this morning.

Could be my hormones
Blackcat31 10:04 AM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by SnowGirl:
Since I'm legally unlicensed and only care for one other family right now, I've been very casual with my DCF. They've treated me very well, always picking up on time and understanding of my pregnancy and needing to take it easy sometimes. I gave them a huge sibling discount (also gave them the discount knowing I wouldn't be 100% energetic during pregnancy).

Part of my casual-ness has been over breakfast. They asked in interview if they could bring breakfast for dcg2, and I said as long as they dropped off by 7:30 that would be fine (morning snack is at 9:30 and my own family eats breakfast at 6:30). They've consistently dropped off at 7:45 or later, sometimes bringing breakfast, sometimes not. They always let their daughter know she has to share with my daughter (which is nice because otherwise this arrangement would NEVER work with two year olds).

Today, they drop off at 8:00 with a big bag of goldfish () and a large plate of cut fruit. They say to their daughter "share the goldfish. the fruit is only for you."

I've NEVER dealt with them acting like that, and I was just shocked. I never even serve the goldfish when they bring them, I just throw them straight in the trash. Needless to say, I just served the fruit, to BOTH girls, and served up some toast as well. I don't know why they would act that way - I'm hoping it was just thoughtlessness and nothing more. They are only here for a week more before my maternity leave (I'm 38 weeks!), and then DCG2 goes to preschool. They're bringing DCbaby back in May and we are renegotiating a contract before they come back, so I'm not sure whether I'll be more firm in policies or what (probably should be since I plan on getting licensed and getting more DCKs sometime this next year)...but I'm just a little put off by their behavior this morning.

Could be my hormones
I'd grin and bear it for now since they are leaving in a week but I would certainly make sure you put your foot after your maternity leave so that your clients are following YOUR rules and not their own.

I think I would have been taken back when they said what they did too... How odd of them.

Always remember though that daycare families will rarely see things from anyone's perspective than their own because they have never been on the other side so it's not something they can even relate to let alone, understand.

lovemydaycare0912 10:25 AM 03-25-2016
Im terming in 4.5 hours and my stomach has been doing backflips since 9am. Mehhhhhhhhhh Cannot wait until this is all over. BLACKCATTTTTTT .! Please answer my message lol. I am a hot mess.
Unregistered 12:32 PM 03-25-2016
When I hand a dcp the days art project and they barely glance at it. Ooh and ahh, darn it! Your child made that. And I did the prep work for the project.
I know it's a perspective thing and I shouldn't need external validation like that but it annoys me!
SnowGirl 01:20 PM 03-25-2016
I'd grin and bear it for now since they are leaving in a week but I would certainly make sure you put your foot after your maternity leave so that your clients are following YOUR rules and not their own.

I think I would have been taken back when they said what they did too... How odd of them.

Always remember though that daycare families will rarely see things from anyone's perspective than their own because they have never been on the other side so it's not something they can even relate to let alone, understand.

Thank you

I definitely don't want to think poorly of this family, I absolutely adore them. I know I'll have to be firmer with them in the future because their chaotic home life DOES affect how they are as clients, and that only works when they're my only clients. It won't be that way forever.

Grinning and bearing is my plan. I highly doubt they meant anything by it, and I'm just working on letting the comment go
SnowGirl 01:21 PM 03-25-2016
When I hand a dcp the days art project and they barely glance at it. Ooh and ahh, darn it! Your child made that. And I did the prep work for the project.
I know it's a perspective thing and I shouldn't need external validation like that but it annoys me!
Aww, that would irritate me, too. Maybe you shouldn't need the validation, but the children certainly do!!
Silly Songs 11:21 PM 03-29-2016
One of my best friends hasn't called or texted me in over a month ! I have no idea what is going on. I gather she's o.k. because she's posting on FB. I will try to contact her once more then move on. I cannot play her on again/ off again games.
Boymom 07:49 AM 03-31-2016
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
One of my best friends hasn't called or texted me in over a month ! I have no idea what is going on. I gather she's o.k. because she's posting on FB. I will try to contact her once more then move on. I cannot play her on again/ off again games.
This same thing happened to me about a year ago. When my "best friend" found out I was having a baby, she dropped off the planet! And she has a kid so....I don't get it! She never congratulated me or anything. Some friend. Pissed me off! I would have never treated her like that. But maybe your friend has something going on in her life that's making her distant. Has she acted like this before?
Boymom 07:54 AM 03-31-2016
Ok I will never, ever have a baby in my daycare again for as long as I live! I like babies, but I do not enjoy watching them for 10 loooonnnnnnggggg hours. I don't like that I have to keep the older kids somewhat quiet while the babies take their naps. It's mentally draining. Never again lol! Ok, I'm done, thank you for letting me vent :-)
Josiegirl 09:56 AM 03-31-2016
Nothing in particular. Just not one of our better days. Arrgghh!
Play Care 10:46 AM 03-31-2016
I caught a cold from DD. Three days of sore throat and not great sleeping because of it. Last night my nose decided to get runny AND stuffy! Good times.
Rockgirl 06:54 AM 04-01-2016
My three dcgs (4, 4, 3.5) bicker and pick at each other ALL DAY LONG. If only two are here, they play so nicely. The minute the third arrives, the dynamic completely changes. It doesn't matter who the first two are...when there's a third girl, it starts. It's not fighting--just picking and bickering nonstop. I've started separating them as soon as it starts, thinking they'll learn to get along if they have to play alone. They want to play together, but they just can't get along.

If one says to another, "I like your shoes", the third girl will say, "Why do you not like MY shoes? You are being mean!" It's getting so old.
Kimskiddos 07:24 AM 04-01-2016
Dcm carrying in a perfectly capable 4yo this morning. This has set the boy up to be a complete whiner so far today!
Grrr Dcm why encourage you child to be whiney?!
childcaremom 03:13 PM 04-01-2016
Ugh. I thought I had filled all of my spots. 1 dcf was supposed to start this month. Got posted and had to switch her care arrangements. 1 dcf is starting in May and the other in June. June dcf has twins. She just emailed to let me know that a family member is going to care for them. And wants to know if she can have the non-refundable holding fee returned.

Um. No. I was holding the spots. Turned families away. Ugh. Double ugh.
LysesKids 04:51 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Ugh. I thought I had filled all of my spots. 1 dcf was supposed to start this month. Got posted and had to switch her care arrangements. 1 dcf is starting in May and the other in June. June dcf has twins. She just emailed to let me know that a family member is going to care for them. And wants to know if she can have the non-refundable holding fee returned.

Um. No. I was holding the spots. Turned families away. Ugh. Double ugh.
I understand... my new baby was suppose to start 2 weeks ago; mom asked if the deposit could be put to April (she asked this at beginning of March lol)- NO, I've been holding the spot since last week of January & it had a kid in it, but care got terminated beginning of February instead of end (the original plan). I hold spaces up to 8 weeks only... you want care, new payment is due.... Meanwhile I'm still trying to fill the damn spot
Hunni Bee 12:37 PM 04-04-2016
My payroll check had a company party invite stapled to it on Friday. When I went to pull it off, a tiny snip of the check came off with it. It didn't look too serious, so I went ahead and deposited in the ATM. On Saturday, it appeared the funds had posted so I withdrew $200. Today I stopped by Walmart on the way to the bank and my card was declined. Thinking something was wrong with the card, I went to the bank on another errand and mentioned that my card was acting weird.

The seller said it was because my account was overdrawn $175. Apparently, that tiny shred was part of the check number. And since the bank didn't have it, they cancelled the check. It has to be reissued.

I am praying my job will just write me a check and not make me wait a long time. I have $6 to my name.
Leigh 02:30 PM 04-04-2016
I swear that I would be more satisfied if I lit a $50 bill on fire every day rather than bothering to cook meals. These kids eat on the way here, they eat on the way home, and they know that they can have all the garbage they want when they get home. They have basically stopped eating anything at my house. I make things that I know they like (pancakes for breakfast has always been one of their favorites, for example), and they don't touch it. The only thing they are willing to eat is fruit, and only if it's a sweet one. I DO hear all day, though, that they're hungry and they ask for chips, pudding, fruit snacks, and pop tarts. It drives me nuts that I have to put all this effort into meal planning, shopping, food prep and then it all goes in the freaking trash can. I had a good group of eaters-now, no one eats a thing.
Play Care 05:12 AM 04-05-2016
My two dcb's came in with haircuts...I use the term cut loosely, as they basically have NO hair. They look like they escaped from prison.
We are having an unseasonably cold day (temps in the teens) I just finally got a look in their bag/cubby and of course, no hats.
MunchkinWrangler 08:38 AM 04-05-2016
I swear that I would be more satisfied if I lit a $50 bill on fire every day rather than bothering to cook meals. These kids eat on the way here, they eat on the way home, and they know that they can have all the garbage they want when they get home. They have basically stopped eating anything at my house. I make things that I know they like (pancakes for breakfast has always been one of their favorites, for example), and they don't touch it. The only thing they are willing to eat is fruit, and only if it's a sweet one. I DO hear all day, though, that they're hungry and they ask for chips, pudding, fruit snacks, and pop tarts. It drives me nuts that I have to put all this effort into meal planning, shopping, food prep and then it all goes in the freaking trash can. I had a good group of eaters-now, no one eats a thing.
I'm with you!! The struggle is real!
Drives me nuts, and I my location got brought down a tier so the food program is almost not worth it.
Leigh 07:26 AM 04-06-2016
I feel so bad for one of my 4 year olds. Breakfast conversation turned to what someone got from the Easter Bunny. The 4 year old got upset and said "I didn't get anything from the Easter Bunny". His mom had mentioned that she just didn't have the energy for coloring eggs this year, but I never would have thought that she would have skipped baskets for her kids who have gotten them before! I wish I had sent baskets home with my kids this year, now.
childcaremom 10:53 AM 04-06-2016
Ok, I must parent differently but if someone says my child does not look well and has a low temp, I'm going to pick her up. Not wait for the magical exclusion temp to be reached. Or, at the very least, I'm going to check in to see how she is doing. And then I'm certainly not going to go gallavanting, visiting all over, so that it will take me longer to pick up if I need to. Especially if I am home on mat leave and NOT WORKING.
finsup 10:13 AM 04-07-2016
Ugh!!! Why is "what hours do you need?" Such a difficult question?!
First email "Monday-Friday potentially full time" ...gives no hours when asked.
Second email "well I'm a SAHM but looking for work" ...OK, then we could do a part time schedule or you could pay a holding fee if we're a good fit. "It's too hard to do that when I'm not working". *sigh* contact me when you have a job then....
Third email: " hours vary sometime between 8-5, 3-4 days a week and one night I work until 7." OK, which night? Does it change? Explain this a bit more...

Really people, just tell me what you need or explain a weird schedule to me. I will work with it but you've got to explain what you're dealing with.
hope 10:26 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by finsup:
Ugh!!! Why is "what hours do you need?" Such a difficult question?!
First email "Monday-Friday potentially full time" ...gives no hours when asked.
Second email "well I'm a SAHM but looking for work" ...OK, then we could do a part time schedule or you could pay a holding fee if we're a good fit. "It's too hard to do that when I'm not working". *sigh* contact me when you have a job then....
Third email: " hours vary sometime between 8-5, 3-4 days a week and one night I work until 7." OK, which night? Does it change? Explain this a bit more...

Really people, just tell me what you need or explain a weird schedule to me. I will work with it but you've got to explain what you're dealing with.
I had this problem with an interview yesterday. I asked what hours were needed. Dcm starts a new job Monday. She said she didn't know her hours yet. She thinks she may be making her own hours because she "thinks her job has something to do with sales". WHAT?!?!?!?!? You accepted a job that you dont know the hours for. Oh, and you don't know the job description either.
finsup 10:48 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by hope:
I had this problem with an interview yesterday. I asked what hours were needed. Dcm starts a new job Monday. She said she didn't know her hours yet. She thinks she may be making her own hours because she "thinks her job has something to do with sales". WHAT?!?!?!?!? You accepted a job that you dont know the hours for. Oh, and you don't know the job description either.
Oh wow! Smh...I'd be like well, you may want to call your boss and check in and then get back to me. Assuming you know who your boss is...(that last part would take every bit of self restraint for me not to say lol).
Snowmom 11:10 AM 04-07-2016
Gotta love when you take an online course with message boards and chat room requirements... and someone in class takes it upon themselves to tell you that your policies you've shared in class aren't realistic and are too strict.

If the comments were backed by experience, I might be willing to give it some thought. But, nope; this person hasn't even been in the field yet. Not even a day. "Just starting the process".

Ugh.
Ariana 11:19 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Gotta love when you take an online course with message boards and chat room requirements... and someone in class takes it upon themselves to tell you that your policies you've shared in class aren't realistic and are too strict.

If the comments were backed by experience, I might be willing to give it some thought. But, nope; this person hasn't even been in the field yet. Not even a day. "Just starting the process".

Ugh.
You and I both know they will learn

I wonder what the average amount of times a caregiver updates her contract from the beginning of her career to the end?
Ariana 11:22 AM 04-07-2016
What the??? Is this some sort of "placement" for some agency? I personally wouldn't hesitate to ask her what is up!

I had something similar. Mom told me in the interview she was a teacher but it turns out she is a supply teacher who basically goes from contract to contract (she was not clear about this in the interview at all). She has switched jobs twice already since September! Thankfully it hasn't affected the hours but commute time now is really bad.
LysesKids 11:27 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:

I wonder what the average amount of times a caregiver updates her contract from the beginning of her career to the end?
Thankfully I found a mentor in 2000 when I started so I at least had a short contract from day one... its been updated at least 10 times since (last as of 2 months ago); policies have been updated yearly lol
Snowmom 11:50 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:

Ohh my goodness, yes.
I wish I could say "yea, let me know how you feel in a year".

I'm going on my 9th year and I think I've updated mine every single year.
And that's about 5 little changes I've made throughout the year compiled into one "actual" update to the families at the end of the year.
hope 03:03 PM 04-07-2016
Thanks dcm for being late on a day that my DD has softball. I have accommodated your extended hours many, many times. Dcg has sat most nights with my family at the dinner table so you could work late. All I ask is that you pick up by 5:30 on days my children have activities. Dd's practice is at 6pm across town and it is now 6:03 and I haven't heard from you.
lovemydaycare0912 05:03 PM 04-07-2016
Thanks dcm for being late on a day that my DD has softball. I have accommodated your extended hours many, many times. Dcg has sat most nights with my family at the dinner table so you could work late. All I ask is that you pick up by 5:30 on days my children have activities. Dd's practice is at 6pm across town and it is now 6:03 and I haven't heard from you.
I hope you charge a late fee and/or term if it is excessive. That is disrespectful and she does not care at all. You probably have my old dcm lol jk..
LysesKids 06:18 PM 04-07-2016
I hope you charge a late fee and/or term if it is excessive. That is disrespectful and she does not care at all. You probably have my old dcm lol jk..
Oh no... after one late, they are warned that if they show up late again and mess up my online class then yep, they are facing immediate termination.

I was lucky my parents were around when i did have soccer and T ball when my 2 oldest were younger (single mom) otherwise I would have been up a creek. Now I don't take disrespect so lightly and a few families found out the hard way - I socked them with late fees that amounted to over $100 more than once. Now, 2nd time it doubles, 3rd time - termination.

If a parent needs later hours on a regular basis then we re-write the contract and they pay higher fees to compensate, but nope... I don't do late anymore just because your hours changed last minute.
Second Home 05:29 AM 04-08-2016
Yesterday I get a comment on my facebook daycare ad . It said that my ad wording was familiar and they accused me of stealing their ad . My ad has been the same on that particular since last August , and I have used the same basic description for years when putting up fliers and iin my Craigslist ads .

I was a bit upset as I did not copy my ad from anyone else . But to accuse me on my ad was not necessary . I have never even seen this person post an ad on any of the daycare pages , and I check all posts daily .
hope 08:16 AM 04-08-2016
She came at 6:18. I told her that if it happens again I will take dcg with me and she can pick up where I am at the time. And if it happens one more time after that she will be immediately termed. I don't want to charge a late charge because there is no amount of money that would be worth me missing my kids activities.
ChelseaB 06:58 AM 04-12-2016
A girl who used to be my best friend in high school messaged me at 10:30 last night while I was already in bed asleep, so I awoke to her message this morning. Pleading me to take her 2 SICK children because her other provider wasn't available today (or just wouldn't take them, maybe). The same "friend" who has contacted me on at least 3 separate occasions, telling me she is thinking of bringing her kids to me, only to then stop contacting me for at least a few months (one such occasion, we had agreed to start them on a certain date, and she just never showed! After 2 weeks of them never showing and me asking, she finally said she was going to keep them with their original provider). So after all of that, she then has the nerve to spring that request on me?

No, sorry. No amount of money is worth bringing 2 kids you just told me tested positive for the FLU. Never mind the fact I haven't even actually met them yet. Sure, I'm sorry you can't take off work and desperately need someone...but I can't get myself or my other DCK's sick and hurt my job! Let alone how you've chosen to treat me personally. Ack. I don't get it.
hope 10:34 AM 04-13-2016
Dcg age 2 has been having 4 to 5 BMs a day for the past 2 days. Her bottom has a bad rash from it. At pick up yesterday dcm said that she would take her to the doctor if it continued today but that she hasn't had any BMs at home. Well by 10am today dcg was on her third poopy diaper. I text mom and haven't heard back. I don't need her to pick up but I would like a response. I am reauesting she be seen by a doctor before she returns. Her bottom is too raw.
Dcg, almost 3, has been potty trained since before she turned 2. Dcm told me she had an accident at night. She has had 3 here today. I finally put her in a diaper. Text dcm and no response.
What is going on today??????
MunchkinWrangler 11:00 AM 04-13-2016
Dcg age 2 has been having 4 to 5 BMs a day for the past 2 days. Her bottom has a bad rash from it. At pick up yesterday dcm said that she would take her to the doctor if it continued today but that she hasn't had any BMs at home. Well by 10am today dcg was on her third poopy diaper. I text mom and haven't heard back. I don't need her to pick up but I would like a response. I am reauesting she be seen by a doctor before she returns. Her bottom is too raw.
Dcg, almost 3, has been potty trained since before she turned 2. Dcm told me she had an accident at night. She has had 3 here today. I finally put her in a diaper. Text dcm and no response.
What is going on today??????
Sounds like they're making it your problem. Are the poopy diapers loose or just more than normal? Sometimes if a kid has been constipated or hasn't gone in a couple days, and they're having normal BM's(not loose, runny) it could just be making up for it. Change in diet or more foods that would help them poop would be the case also.
hope 05:36 PM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
Sounds like they're making it your problem. Are the poopy diapers loose or just more than normal? Sometimes if a kid has been constipated or hasn't gone in a couple days, and they're having normal BM's(not loose, runny) it could just be making up for it. Change in diet or more foods that would help them poop would be the case also.
They are all loose. This dcg has never missed a day to poop. Lol. Today her skin felt warm. I took her temp but it was 98.2. But her skin still felt warm.
The other dcg that had all the accidents hasn't pooped in days. I questioned dcm at pick up. Told her maybe she was constipated and it was pushing on her bladder. She will be in a diaper here tomorrow and if she doesnt poop by tomorrow night and continues to have accidents needs to go to the doctor. Glad I can vent here.
finsup 05:49 AM 04-14-2016
Oh my goodness...its not even 9 and everyone has the worst attitude today. Lots of rude, mean, behaviors (from my own kids too). I guess my one saving grace in this is my 5 month old is not screaming his little head off like he has the past few days (teeth, growth spurt, I don't even know...)
But wow. This is going to be a long day...
valleygirl 09:47 PM 04-14-2016
4 year old at daycare WILL NOT LISTEN. He whines and turns away from me. And if he doesn't whine he laughs and gets all the other kids laughing and not helping to clean up or get ready to transition to the next room, and I'm starting to sound like a broken record. I'm at my wits end with this boy, and I know underneath his attitude he's a really nice kid. Sometimes by the end of the day I am nearly tearing my hear out.
DaveA 09:17 AM 04-18-2016
12 pages into a form requiring a bunch of useless, repetitive, and annoying information (that you get from me every 6 months) don't ask my "Primary and Secondary Language". It took every bit of willpower I had not write in "Profanity" and "Sarcasm".
childcaremom 10:01 AM 04-19-2016
Dcg was home because she was 'off'. Fair enough. Last night get an email that she is good to go after having been on meds for an infection since Saturday and having a great day at home. Guess who is being sent home today with a fever. Good thing we spent most of the day outside but she has had her hand in her mouth (and then over toys and everything else) all day. Yay! Just what I wanted to do: clean the whole playroom.
wicklesschick 08:46 AM 04-21-2016
IDK about the rest of ya, I just got licensed so I can stay at home with my son who is almost 2. I live in Ks and apparently you can't babysit without being licensed..ugh

So now, I have 4 full time daycare kids and my son. 4,3,2,1, and 4 mo.

My youngest kiddo is still relatively new. Hes also breastfed at home which in theory is awesome. But hes bottle fed here. The mom has him on a schedule at home and proceeds to give me that schedule to do here. Fine, dandy, but the kid won't flippin eat hardly here. I've tried different positions etc..I tell mom this and she rolls her eyes...seriously...I ask if they ever bottle feed him at home. Dad does with no problems. GRRRR.... He manages to eat about 4.5 oz 2-3 times here. Drop off around 730am pick up 5. Then she brings him on her day off so she can clean her house. Fine, you pay by the week but a baby that young and breastfed shouldnt have to be here all day long...regardless if you pay or not. ALL HE DOES IS CRY. I cant do anything with any of the other kids unless hes asleep or he cries...Im so tempted to give 2 week notice!!
HELP? ADVICE?
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38  ... Last
Reply Up