Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holy Poop Batman!
daycarediva 11:01 AM 09-28-2018
I have THREE kiddos I change a minimum of 2 poopy diapers per day EACH.

Of course, all three are full time. ALL gross and if not caught immediately, leak out (I call for pick up).

1. Dck is 22 months, only here 9-3 and poops twice, minimum. Usually once after waking at home, and 1-2 more times from 3-7/bedtime. If she wakes at night, she will poop then, too. After dcm fed her blueberries and she immediately pooped them out (fed at 7am, out by 10) she called the pediatrician. We are doing a month long food /poop log, which is what the pediatric gastroenterologist requested after food allergy testing came back clear.

2. 2y5m, HUGE eater. Like double portion sizes and will eat food off the floor if it's not immediately picked up. Cries when 'all done', given water before meals, milk during. Never 'full'. ALWAYS mucousy looking. Parents/child are getting ready to potty train but we both feel the numerous poops are going to be a concern (she's ready otherwise). She is here 8-4 and poops twice, minimum. Once or twice in the evenings, too.

3. 2y 1m, Poops in her sleep still. Yellow, liquid stools at minimum 3x/day. Mom doesn't see the issue at all. She ALWAYS has a diaper rash despite barrier/preventatives and loading cream on her. We go through a large tub of butt paste WEEKLY. Once in the morning (always poop when waking) and once-twice in the evening, too.

Recess is HARD now assistant and I are facing a winter of either bringing everyone back in to change them (can't change outside, even with our portable changing station, due to weather) or missing poo's and having inside the snow pants blow outs. Neither sounds fun.

It's becoming term worthy if parents don't get on board with resolving it.

Thoughts? Am I crazy or is this an excessive amount of poop??? We have 18 kids enrolled, 12 daily and the rest poop MAYBE once a day or not at all.
Tags:poopy diaper
Up