Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>split parents - state assistance - a different question
DancingQueen 04:56 AM 10-25-2010
I have a family that will be starting on Monday.
not together - never married.
Mom qualified for state assistance
Usually I am paid in full up front and then when the state check comes in for me - I sign it over to mom.

but dad plans on giving me the check every week. Who should I be turning this money over to? The state assistance is in moms name.
Dad usually pays me.
Who am I giving receipts to and what am I required to do?
juliebug 05:01 AM 10-25-2010
humm well i would give to dad because he is the one pay you. but have you talked to them and asked them what they prefer?

my state assistnace we can not accept payment from the family we just have to wait for the state.
Unregistered 06:37 AM 10-25-2010
I honestly dont think LEGALLY you can do this the state check will be in YOUR name and should be signed by YOU and depoisted into YOUR account the checks are not meant for the parents. What I did when I had a state paying child was have them pay their co pay up front on the first of every month then I waited for the state check to come which I usually had to work a month to get paid and they came once a month and usually in the mail box BY the 10th of the month.
DancingQueen 09:07 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by :
state check will be in YOUR name and should be signed by YOU and depoisted into YOUR account
I do all of that and then i cut the parents a check so that I have a paper trail.
Reply Up