Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Still Charge Full Monthly Fee Even When YOU Are On Holidays??
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:06 PM 01-14-2013
Im just curious because summer is usually when everyone, well especially in Canada goes on holiday.

And I lose out on alot of money cause some parents wont pay me even though they are gone.

So How does this work? They still pay when they are on holidays but when I go I have to deduct it from their monthly fee?

What about getting holiday pay? If they get it why not us?

Im so confused. When I was sick for that week, I had to refund alot of money and that was right before christmas. Why cant we get sick days too!

I need your opinions please?
blandino 01:09 PM 01-14-2013
In my contract, it is written that parents pay their weekly fee regardless of their attendance. I also have 5 paid vacation days written into my contract, where the daycare is closed - but parents are still required to pay.
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:10 PM 01-14-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
In my contract, it is written that parents pay their weekly fee regardless of their attendance. I also have 5 paid vacation days written into my contract, where the daycare is closed - but parents are still required to pay.
But is that stat holidays or personal holidays?
Country Kids 01:12 PM 01-14-2013
This is how I personally do it:

Parents pay if child is here or not due to vacations, sick, grandma, etc.

If I take a day off/sick/vacation I do not charge.

I also bill at the END of the month so there is no refunding. I just deduct my time off from their amount. Never, ever in 17 years have I had a issue with my billing on this. There is no refunding or buts or excuses. Its there in black and white, signed and understood.
Play Care 01:22 PM 01-14-2013
If I am open and they choose not to come - vacations, sick, etc. They pay. I have paid Federal holidays (your stat holidays) for the "biggies" and I do a sign up for the lessers ones (two family min or I am closed) and 5 days of sick/personal time. (I hardly ever need sick time but found that if parents had to pay me for being sick they were less likely to send in their kids sick...)
I do not *technically* charge for my vacation time BUT I do charge slightly higher prices per week to make up for that - say I figured out I need to charge 100 per week to make ends meet, I charge 107 and bank the 7. Over time this adds up to more then if I charged the lesser rate and had "paid" vacations. Just another way to do it
blandino 01:26 PM 01-14-2013
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
But is that stat holidays or personal holidays?
No, they pay for state holidays I am closed (I include a list in my contract), and then we take 5 vacation days of our choosing. Normally we take those 5 days in between Christmas & New Years.
littlemissmuffet 01:28 PM 01-14-2013
I charge the same monthly fee 12 months a year! I do not give free or discounted days off to parents. I charge for my own 2 weeks paid vacation and 5 paid sick days each year, and I am paid for 10 stat holidays! Never had an issue with it.
NeedaVaca 02:50 PM 01-14-2013
I get paid 52 weeks per year, same rate each week. If they are sick or on vacation they still pay and in my contract I have holidays and vacation time for myself included, they still pay. It's nice because I know every week no matter what I can count on that money. If it's bothering you then change your contract to what you want and have them sign it It's the start of the new year so it's a perfect time to make changes! I have never had a family complain about it or choose not to sign up with me over this.
itlw8 03:25 PM 01-14-2013
My parents pay me here or not it is a simple as that. no matter what the reason.

I take a week paid vacation they pay if they take vacation, sick. holiday 5 days a week all year long.

they know this when they sign on
Unregistered 03:42 PM 01-14-2013
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
What about getting holiday pay? If they get it why not us?

Im so confused. When I was sick for that week, I had to refund alot of money and that was right before christmas. Why cant we get sick days too!
To answer both of your questions - YOU CAN!! :0)

This is your business and you can make the rules.

My parents pay every week regardless if they are here. I do give them one "week" of vacation - depending on how many days they are contracted for - after they've been here 3 months. I allow them to use it however they'd like, but it's gone at the end of each calendar year even if they haven't used it.

I have 10 paid days off that I use for whatever I want.

I also take around 10 vacation days that I am paid for.

If your contract isn't working for you, change it!
Reply Up