Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I didn't give in but now I feel bad!
CraftyMom 06:50 AM 05-14-2014
Dcg 2 had a dentist appointment, was due to arrive at 10:00. She came at 9:30. Mom says I hope they haven't had breakfast yet, because she hasn't eaten. I say breakfast is at 8:30. She looks at me shocked and says oh no!
I then tell her they just finished snack. I already cleaned up and we're ready to go outside. If I give her something to eat they will all want to eat again. Mom decides she will take dcg to get a donut and be back in 20 minutes.

I feel bad because I COULD give her a quick snack which was fruit today. But like I said they would all want some. And it isn't a full breakfast. But it would be better than the donut!

I also feel bad because mom has to go to work, but she said 10:00 so she must have told work the same, giving her another half hour.

Also dcg is throwing a HUGE fit because she wants her stickers from the dentist. I told mom, well this will give her a few minutes to calm down too.

I am glad that I stood my ground. I want parents to know rules are rules and I'm not going to change meal times to accommodate because of poor planning. But I think mom was like really? Just give her a snack.
Blackcat31 06:54 AM 05-14-2014
You CAN feel bad. It's ok.

You STILL did the right thing though because it wasn't about the nutrition content or mom's inconvenience.

It was about following your rules and policies and doing what is best for the group as a whole and you did that!!!

You should be celebrating!!!

This mom learned a valuable lesson. Her lack of planning does not constitute YOU having to fix it for her. SHE had to deal with the fallout of HER choices.

Sometimes what parents view as no big deal IS a big deal in a group of kids with a consistent routine.

So GOOD JOB!!!!!! This DCM now knows to follow the rules.
Second Home 06:54 AM 05-14-2014
Good for you .

But I think mom was like really? Just give her a snack

It sounds so easy for her to feel that way but then she gets to leave and not hear everyone else complaining that they can't have more too .
CraftyMom 06:55 AM 05-14-2014
I should add, not too long ago I posted about this dcg showing up right before naptime and found out she already had a nap and was supposed to eat before coming since it was after lunch time and she did not. This disrupted EVERYONE'S routine and I was super annoyed. So today I was like wth? Follow rules!
Shell 07:22 AM 05-14-2014
Good for you! Parents rarely see our side of things. She showed up 30 minutes early, and you planned according to the schedule you were given.
Reply Up