Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Freezing Cookie Dough

Do any of you make cookie dough then freeze it for later use? I know you can buy frozen dough, but homemade cookies taste so much better. I am contemplating making several batches of different types of cookie doughs, then freezing them for future use. Any suggestions, tips, warnings from personal experiences?
Old 11-29-2011, 11:10 AM

I know that you can either ball them up, freeze them individually (like on cookie sheets) and then toss them in a freezer bag, or you can make cookie dough "logs" and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap/whatever and freeze that way. I've tried freezing cookie dough with mixed success...it's still an evolving science, lol.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have a recipe that is for freezer chocolate chip cookies. They come out really good. When I make them, I make a ton of them, scoop them onto cookie sheets and freeze them. When frozen, I take them off of the cookie sheets and put them in a ziploc freezer bag. Then when I want homemade cookies, I just take them out and bake them. Yummy.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snbauser View Post
I have a recipe that is for freezer chocolate chip cookies. They come out really good. When I make them, I make a ton of them, scoop them onto cookie sheets and freeze them. When frozen, I take them off of the cookie sheets and put them in a ziploc freezer bag. Then when I want homemade cookies, I just take them out and bake them. Yummy.
Any chance you could post the recipe? Pretty please? Mine never taste right after I've frozen the dough...
Old 11-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Daycare.com Member

This week is crazy. I will try to post it later tonight or tomorrow for you
Old 11-30-2011, 05:45 PM

Thanks so much . No hurry, though, I know how hectic it gets around the holidays.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:02 PM

You must be able to do it. Heck, Sams club sells tubs of cookie dough - Chocolate Chip Cookies. Market Day sells pre-made cookies of all sorts. They are already formed but you have to bake them about 15 minutes as opposed to 10 minutes fresh.

My suggestion is to try it out with a half or quarter batch. I don't think it will be a problem. Just seal it well - perhaps wrap it in plastic and then a heavy duty zip lock bag.

I'm interested to see how the recipe is for the cookies that are especially formulated for freezing. I bet it's no different.

Keep us posted! It's a great idea!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Daycare.com Member

Here is the recipe I have. Because it is meant to be a freezer recipe it is done in large quantities.
Makes 6 dozen
1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspon vanilla
1 egg
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 oz milk chocolate chips

Assembly directions: Mix margarine/butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg. Add flour and baking soda and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips, being careful to not over stir or the batter gets tough. Drop by rounded teaspoons on cookie sheets and freeze until firm. Place dough balls into gallon freezer bags and seal, label, and freeze.
Cooking directions: Put desired amount of cookies on cookie sheet and bake at 375 deg for 10-13 minutes or until brown. Centers will be soft. Do not thaw before baking.

When I make these, I usually make 24 dozen of them and freeze
Old 12-01-2011, 05:53 AM

I do 14 dozen cookie dough balls for my ds's boy scout troop every month. I do like pp and scoop them onto a cookie sheet, flash freeze them and then transfer them to a large storage container until the boys need them for their monthly baking project. For them I make chocolate chip and just use the toll house recipe from the package. For personal use I also do this with sugar cookies and oatmeal raisin. I have done others but can't remember what kind they were.

Incidentally, my daycare assistant a few years ago was also a baker and is now a bakery department manager. She helped me get going on all this to make things ahead and save time when we needed them. I remember her telling me that some cookies can't tolerate the dough being frozen because of the chemistry involved.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 AM
janealb

Thanks for these tipps!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:46 PM

how long does homemade dough last in the fridge?
Acts 13:22

Tags
cookie dough, cookies, recipe