Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>List of the top 10 Things I Say Over and Over Every Day
sahm2three 09:34 AM 07-22-2010
UGH! I am seriously thinking of recording a loop of me saying this list so that I can just have it playing all day long. Here is my list:

Shut the door
Turn off the light
No inside toys outside
Worry about yourself
We do not put our hands on other people
Be quiet and eat
Babies are sleeping, be quiet
Take turns
One person in the bathroom at a time
Shut the door when you are using the bathroom

I could write about 20 to 30 more I am sure, as most of you all could too! UGH! I am sooooooo ready for Friday at 5 PM!!!
tenderhearts 09:36 AM 07-22-2010
All those sound very familiar.
DCMom 09:54 AM 07-22-2010
LOL, this is a very timely post!

I actually wrote the top three on the white board this morning and used slash marks to keep track of how many times I have to say them in a day:

"Walking feet"....eventually becomes "Stop Running!"
"Inside voices"...eventually becomes "Stop screaming!"
"We keep our hands to ourselves"....eventually becomes "If you can't control your hands, I will! Sit in that chair!"

Ahhhhhh, that felt good to get off my chest.

Anyone else ready for school to start besides me??
Vesta 10:04 AM 07-22-2010
Walking feet
If your done with that put it away
FLUSH THE TOILET
Sit on your bottom
Go play

When I actually think about it, it's names.
There's 2 of them that I say over and over.
My dcg4 (almost 5) with very low impulse control and dcg7 who is ADHD.
Dcg7 has been on vacation for 2 weeks and my husband mentioned he's glad he hasn't had to listen to her name over, and over, and over again.
sahm2three 10:14 AM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by Vesta:
Walking feet
If your done with that put it away
FLUSH THE TOILET
Sit on your bottom
Go play

When I actually think about it, it's names.
There's 2 of them that I say over and over.
My dcg4 (almost 5) with very low impulse control and dcg7 who is ADHD.
Dcg7 has been on vacation for 2 weeks and my husband mentioned he's glad he hasn't had to listen to her name over, and over, and over again.
OMG!!! YES!!! I totally forgot FLUSH THE TOILET!!! Ugh! LOL!
JenNJ 10:25 AM 07-22-2010
"No, its not time for snack yet."
"Don't throw mulch at each other."
"Dancing does not involve touching each other."
"Who pooped?"
"Hands are not for hitting."
"Stop climbing."
"What's the magic word?"
jen 10:35 AM 07-22-2010
-Less talking, more eating
-No Running
-No screaming at Jen's house
-We DO NOT throw toys
-If you did not use soap, you did not wash your hands...you just got them wet(that's for my schoolagers)
-We do not take toys from our friends
DBug 11:02 AM 07-22-2010
"No thankyou!" (takes the edge off of just plain "no")

"Use your words"

"Good for you!"

"You were (fill in the blank). We don't (fill in the blank). (Fill in the blank) is NOT acceptable. You are having a timeout for (fill in the blank). You will stay here until I say you can get up. Do you understand?" ... really wish I had a recording for that one

"Nice work!"

"What are you supposed to be doing right now?"

... boy, looking at that list, you can really tell my dc kids are mostly toddlers!
AmandasFCC 11:22 AM 07-22-2010
"What did I ask you to do?" (usually that's show me your quiet hands at the table, because I have one who is obsessed with playing with his cup and clapping and otherwise being a PITA at the table)

"Inside voices please!"

"Walking feet please!"

"No thank you"

"It is NOT ok to hit our friends"

"Hands to yourself"

And then it's one name over .... and over .... and over .....
nannyde 11:26 AM 07-22-2010
No
Easy
Leave it
Sit
Stay
Come here
shhh
be sweet
sweet
and the number one: GO PLAY
sahm2three 11:53 AM 07-22-2010
OMG! I am LOL at Who Pooped! LOL! I say this too! Sad thing is, a few times it hasn't been the babies! UGH! LOL! This is great ! Keep them coming!

I thought of more:

No it isn't snack/lunch time. We just ate!
Leave the cat alone.
Take out only one book at a time.
Furniture is for sitting, not jumping or standing.
There is no talking/playing during quiet/nap time.
katie 12:08 PM 07-22-2010
How bout my own kids???? They are the ones! No, you can't have a snack AGAIN, shut the door!!, stop touching your sister! Just don't even look at her!, No you cannot watch Star wars right now! What will the parents think when the toddlers are telling them about Anakin Skywalker melting! lol No naptime is not over yet!
GretasLittleFriends 01:28 PM 07-22-2010
"Not yours, don't touch!" (My daycare area is shared with my home space) Of course, I also have to tell my own 5yr old boy this on a regular basis as well.
Lilbutterflie 01:45 PM 07-22-2010
Use your words
How do you ask nicely?
Is anyone hurt? Then stop tattling!!!
We do NOT lay or sit on the dog (we have a large dog, thank God he's great with kids!!)
Sit on your bottom
No inside toys go outside
We keep our hands to ourselves
Childminder 02:07 PM 07-22-2010
Walk!
Stop.
Calm down.
No screaming.
There are no 'boy' or 'girl' toys (My dcbs are such sexist pigs right now)
Are you trying to get someone in trouble or out of trouble?
Play room.
Now!
Gabby stop whining!
Those are NOT your toys they are mine.
momofsix 02:32 PM 07-22-2010
That is TOO loud!
Get your hands OFF your brother
Feet on the floor
flush the toilet/wash your hands
that is not acceptable behavior at my house
couches are for sitting...............stop jumping on my furniture!
You're SOOOO cute! (usually said w/ kisses and hugs)
And my favorite mantra-to remind myself "Children are a blessing from the Lord!"
jenh171 04:58 PM 07-22-2010
"who pooped?" cracks me up! but even worse is when you DON'T have to ask who pooped b/c you are around the kids so often that you know who it is by the smell! I know that's so gross, but so true, right? LOL!
sahm2three 06:31 PM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by jenh171:
"who pooped?" cracks me up! but even worse is when you DON'T have to ask who pooped b/c you are around the kids so often that you know who it is by the smell! I know that's so gross, but so true, right? LOL!
That cracks me up because just today, my daughter says, mom I think X is poopy. I say no, that is an XX smell. She thought that was gross, but I was right!
melskids 03:07 AM 07-23-2010
i wouldve listed mine but theyve all been said!! LOL
DBug 04:27 AM 07-23-2010
I never dared mention this to anyone, because I thought I was the only one! It's so good to know I'm not the only one who can differentiate between poop smells!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 04:36 AM 07-23-2010
Most frequently is a tie between "shut the door" and "stop whining!" (whining is mostly my own 4 1/2 year old...been trying for years to get her to stop!).

Oh I am so glad I am not the only one that is sooooo ready for school to start! Those poor teachers, wonder how they do it.
MarinaVanessa 09:05 PM 07-25-2010
Some of these are stolen but they're great:

"I don't understand whinese"

"What?! I can't hear you!" (at a screamer)

"You are special in your own way"

"Uh-uh-uh"

"Everyone or noone"

"No you don't have to sleep but you have to stay quiet" everyday before naptime, 5 minutes later they're asleep.

"No you can't watch TV"

"You can cry all you want but you have to do it in the crying corner"

"Go tell tattling turtle"

"Well that's great that you do it all the time at home but here it's unacceptable"
professionalmom 07:55 AM 07-26-2010
That is one of the strangest things about doing daycare. When I was pregnant (working outside the home) with DD, everyone told me that, as a mom, I would know the different types of cries (hunger cry, wet/poopy diaper cry, tired cry, hurt cry, etc.). Sure, I learned those pretty quickly, but I was shocked to realize I could tell who pooped just based on the smell. That's when you know that you are not just a mom - but SUPERMOM (aka daycare provider/surrogate mom to many)!
Chickenhauler 09:29 AM 07-26-2010
Things I've found myself saying to daycare kids....

What on god's green earth made you think that was OK?

Don't throw the cat!

Do you act like this at home?

(and if the answer is yes, I follow up with)

And what do your parents do then?

(if the answer is no)

What makes you think it'd fly here?

HANDS OFF MY TRUCK!

Don't eat the dogfood!

Where are your pants?

You flushed WHAT down the toilet?

Gee, I wonder why the dog doesn't like you......

If you pick it, you gotta eat it. (this doesn't usually stop them from picking, but it does stop them from putting it on the furniture).
melskids 10:02 AM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:

If you pick it, you gotta eat it. (this doesn't usually stop them from picking, but it does stop them from putting it on the furniture).
OMG! this one made me snort i laughed so hard!!!!! i gotta remember that one!!!!!

(my hubby says the truck one too...lol)
TGT09 10:27 AM 07-26-2010
Shut the door!
In or out!
Don't want to hear it!
Stop fighting/bickering!
Yes, you HAVE to go outside!
I'll let you know when you can.......
When I say no, it means no!
Yes, there WILL be naptime today!
Pick up toys!
Yes, you have to eat that!
No, you cannot get up until everyone is done eating!

I could go on and on! And, here I thought I was the only one wanting school to start!
professionalmom 12:25 PM 07-26-2010
On the truly difficult days, you could hear me mumbling the following under my breath:

2 more hours, just 2 more hours (till nap time or pick-up time).

This was modified to fill the actual time left. And the closer it got to pick-up time, the more sing-song and energetic it became.
JenNJ 01:28 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
That is one of the strangest things about doing daycare. When I was pregnant (working outside the home) with DD, everyone told me that, as a mom, I would know the different types of cries (hunger cry, wet/poopy diaper cry, tired cry, hurt cry, etc.). Sure, I learned those pretty quickly, but I was shocked to realize I could tell who pooped just based on the smell. That's when you know that you are not just a mom - but SUPERMOM (aka daycare provider/surrogate mom to many)!
This is so gross, but so, so, so true!

I only have trouble telling 2 kids apart by smell (they are twin brothers), so I feel like I get a pass there considering they likely have identical diets .
mismatchedsocks 09:34 AM 07-27-2010
Lean over!!!!

That is what is for lunch today.

Shhhhh!!

Put the baby down.

No you cannot paint your nails.

Sit on your bottom

Did you use soap?

And my favorite...

How many days until school?
jen 10:10 AM 07-27-2010
Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

Oh wait...that was MY mom!!!
JJPlaycare 11:01 AM 07-27-2010
Ha, I loved the "Who Pooped!" I was and still thinking about making that my daycare slogan on my daycare T-shirts! Hehehe I thought it was humerous and would bring in parents with a sense of humor! I say this so often, I thought it would be so fitting! Jungle Junction Playcare on the front with all of my info and "Who Pooped!" on the back PERFECT! LOL The kids would get a kick out of it too, they hear me say it enough and they even say it too! HA
JJPlaycare 11:06 AM 07-27-2010
On my crabby daycare child days, to keep my ease and not loose my sanity I simply sing, "Choose sleep for this child, choose sleep for this child, choose sleep for this child, choose sleep for this child" in tune to happy birthday! It helps me to know that they are just tired and they aren't really here trying to make me completely insane! My daycare kids now sing it as well, it sort of eases the moods, when one child gets a little cranky, we all start singing instead! This is definately one of my daily sayings/songs!
Abigail 11:30 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Some of these are stolen but they're great:

"I don't understand whinese"

"Go tell tattling turtle"
Whinese....Why didn't I think of that?!

Tattling Turtle has a nice ring to it. Is it a stuffed animal always available for play? Do you have an extra one incase it receives too many tattles? LOL
MarinaVanessa 07:21 AM 07-28-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Whinese....Why didn't I think of that?!

Tattling Turtle has a nice ring to it. Is it a stuffed animal always available for play? Do you have an extra one incase it receives too many tattles? LOL
The tattling turtle has a little bed (more of a wicker basket with a rag) that the kids themselves made for him. Ours is Franklin the turtle but any animal that starts with the letter T works. I've heard of Tattling Tiger. Tattling turtle used to be kept in the book nook but the kids have since moved him to the "crying corner" which is just a step and the only place they are allowed to cry. If they whine & cry I don't mind, but they can only do it there. If they feel like tattling on me or the other kids they do it there also lol. I have no patience when it comes to tattling unless kids are in danger so we have a tuttle. He's a great listener.
Chickenhauler 07:52 PM 07-28-2010
Shortly after our son was potty trained, he of course, wanted to be independant and would refuse to let anyone wipe him.

This, as you can imagine, didn't always turn out so well, and I found myself asking on more than one occasion "How did you get it in your HAIR?"
Tags:things we say
Reply Up