Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With What to Say
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 12:53 PM 02-20-2015
I have little to no backbone. I have one family that pays 1/15 of the month. Well Monday was a holiday and both parents were off. Then Monday night we got 7 inches of snow and ice so basically no school all week so Mom was off. I have had everyone else everyday but Tuesday. In my contract I have that they can use 10 free days a year starting the month after start month but it must be with with prior written notice. Then I just got a text they will only be here two days next week cause dad is leaving the week after for a year. I firmly feel that they are gonna try and pay me only for the two days next week. I want to be prepared with something to say that is professional yet direct. Now is not the time for me to miss out on money with my husband just starting a new job after not working for 7-months. That's 500$ I would be missing out on for these two weeks so it's a good chunk.
Thriftylady 12:57 PM 02-20-2015
I would just reply with a copy of the text in your handbook that applies.
Blackcat31 01:06 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare:
I have little to no backbone. I have one family that pays 1/15 of the month. Well Monday was a holiday and both parents were off. Then Monday night we got 7 inches of snow and ice so basically no school all week so Mom was off. I have had everyone else everyday but Tuesday. In my contract I have that they can use 10 free days a year starting the month after start month but it must be with with prior written notice. Then I just got a text they will only be here two days next week cause dad is leaving the week after for a year. I firmly feel that they are gonna try and pay me only for the two days next week. I want to be prepared with something to say that is professional yet direct. Now is not the time for me to miss out on money with my husband just starting a new job after not working for 7-months. That's 500$ I would be missing out on for these two weeks so it's a good chunk.
So they have not paid you yet?

Do they pre-pay or post-pay?

I would send a text reminder...

"Just a reminder, you have a past due payment of $xxx.xx for services provided from Feb 1-15. Please remember per our signed contract, late fees will be added to any late payments. Thank you!"

or

"Just a reminder, you have a past due payment. Please make payment of $xxx.xx as soon as possible to avoid any further late fees being added to the balance due. Thank you!"

Whatever you say, just make sure you add dates (for services given or upcoming) AND state the amount due so there is NO confusion about that part.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 07:20 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
So they have not paid you yet?

Do they pre-pay or post-pay?

I would send a text reminder...

"Just a reminder, you have a past due payment of $xxx.xx for services provided from Feb 1-15. Please remember per our signed contract, late fees will be added to any late payments. Thank you!"

or

"Just a reminder, you have a past due payment. Please make payment of $xxx.xx as soon as possible to avoid any further late fees being added to the balance due. Thank you!"

Whatever you say, just make sure you add dates (for services given or upcoming) AND state the amount due so there is NO confusion about that part.
They pay 1st for 1-14th (or first day care starts) then 15-30/31 same way. So if the 15th is a Saturday they pay Monday. They weren't here Monday due to holiday for both parents. Then the snow storm and ice covered roads. I got a text last night that she wanted to know how many days they owe for. I know that is her passive aggressive way of asking for just the two days. If I'm closed then they don't pay I wasn't closed. I'm going to text back that they owe the full 10-days because although school was out I was not closed per my contract if I'm not closed they pay.
TheGoodLife 08:42 AM 02-21-2015
I had a teacher mom tht would ask if they owed the full amount each time she had days off- I'd say yes, and that would be the end- she wouldn't argue but just HAD to ask I guess I hope your DCM is like that- just reply, "it is a regular payment period as I was open all regular days." If she still asks about taking unpaid days just reply, Sorry, per the contract I need X days notice so I can plan to adjust my income accordingly." If the dad is leaving for a year Im sure they had plenty of prior notice.
Reply Up