Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:02 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Wall Art

Has anyone recently purchased pieces they love for their daycare space(s)?

I moved to a new space last year and have lots of bare wall space. I run a preschool program and I'm a "less is more" type of person. Everything currently on our walls serves a real purpose, but I'd love to add some art to soften up the room. In an ideal world, I think 3 large canvas prints would work well (or one larger one).

I know that is super specific, but I'm crossing my fingers someone has a great idea!
Old 06-07-2018, 08:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am super picky about they kind of “art” I am going to allow on my walls as when the daycare kids are gone this is my living space and I don’t want to feel like I live in a daycare. My daycare specific art is only in the playroom. I just picked up a few simple pieces at Hobby Lobby and I did an alphabet wall that I can attach a picture of.

As for the rest.. above my rain gutter shelves I have a sign that reads “land of fairytales” I was going to make one that said “today a reader tomorrow a leader” but it was much easier/cheaper to just buy a sign. And I have a sign that says “don’t grow up, it’s a trap”. That’s about it. I have a whole basement that is exclusive daycare but there’s nothing on the walls down there yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6868BBD9-82ED-4232-A1DE-FCACF6CB82E0.jpeg (200.9 KB, 35 views)
Old 06-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
I am super picky about they kind of “art” I am going to allow on my walls as when the daycare kids are gone this is my living space and I don’t want to feel like I live in a daycare. My daycare specific art is only in the playroom. I just picked up a few simple pieces at Hobby Lobby and I did an alphabet wall that I can attach a picture of.

As for the rest.. above my rain gutter shelves I have a sign that reads “land of fairytales” I was going to make one that said “today a reader tomorrow a leader” but it was much easier/cheaper to just buy a sign. And I have a sign that says “don’t grow up, it’s a trap”. That’s about it. I have a whole basement that is exclusive daycare but there’s nothing on the walls down there yet.
I love your alphabet!!! I think I may need to copy!
Old 06-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

I like it too. I'd love to see more pictures of your room
Old 06-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

This is lovely and these are great ideas. I'm going to take my first trip to hobby lobby tomorrow!