Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Default charging part-timers

Hi, I am opening a new center and I was just wondering how all of u charge your part time children? The center I am at now keeps track of when the kid comes and leaves and then charges an hourly rate. That method works but it is also alot of paper work and calculating. Another center i worked at just had a set weekly price for a part time child. That method works well too. What do all of u do?

Also, where do u draw the line between part timers and fulltime care? For example: What if a child is there everyday for 5 hrs? Is that part time or full? The center I'm at now we have partimes who sometimes come just 3 days a week and stay for almost 10 hrs per day...thats 30 hrs right there, should that be part or full time? Thanks
Old 11-16-2008, 04:06 PM
lilbiddapopcorn

Default part-timers

I charged a flat rate for part-timers and I decided who was part-time hourly. If they were here more than 10 hours a week but less than 30, they were charged part time. Less than 10 was drop in and 30 hours or more a week was full time.

Tags
None