Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Choosing a Name
mamamanda 07:27 AM 01-12-2015
I'm trying to decide on a name for my program. Our morning runs more like a play based preschool while afternoon is more like daycare. We do use a faith based preschool curriculum. My favorite idea so far is Thankful Hearts, but I'm not sure if I should use Preschool or Childcare or a combination of both. I also like Joyful Hearts, but that seems more common. Any thoughts?
Lovatic24 01:47 PM 01-14-2015
I like Joyful Hearts. Seems warm and fuzzy
Michael 01:52 PM 01-14-2015
Also important that you choose a name that you can use as a web address. JoyfulHeartsDaycare.com is already registered but it looks like it is for sale for $12: https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItem...com&isc=dtools

ThankfulHeartsDaycare.com is available! https://www.godaddy.com/domains/sear...269&isc=dtools
originalkat 06:24 AM 01-15-2015
I like Thankful Hearts Childcare
TheGoodLife 07:15 AM 01-15-2015
Are you advertising to be very religion based? What about Faithful or Holy Hearts Childcare and Preschool? You could shorten it to just Faithful or Holy Hearts when talking- but keeping the full name for advertisements so people get a view of what you offer. I also really like Thankful Hearts as well. Make sure you do a thorough seach in your area to make sure any names you consider are not already taken
NightOwl 08:24 AM 01-15-2015
I like Playful Hearts Preschool. I think it indicates that the environment is educational but also play based. I know that isn't one of your choices but it just popped in my head when I read your post.
Controlled Chaos 12:32 PM 01-15-2015
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
I like Playful Hearts Preschool. I think it indicates that the environment is educational but also play based. I know that isn't one of your choices but it just popped in my head when I read your post.
Oh I like that too! I wish I have would have done more research before choosing mine. I didn't anticipate sticking with it past 2-3 years, I was more babysitting so I just picked a name I liked and started calling myself that.

Then I realized I liked this, was good at it and wanted to get licensed. People already knew my name and there are several similar sounding names in my area. It also starts with an L so it is low on the list if searched alphabetically. Luckily I was able to get a website and email address with my daycare name.

Really search your area. But I think your name options are lovely a pretty original (I haven't come across them).
mamamanda 01:42 PM 01-15-2015
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
I love that! Thank you for the suggestion.
NightOwl 01:44 PM 01-15-2015
Welcome!
mamamanda 01:44 PM 01-15-2015
Thank you for all the replies. Checking website availability is a great suggestion too. Hadn't thought of that.
mamamanda 01:46 PM 01-15-2015
Somehow I keep hitting the icon buttons. Guess that's what I get for typing on my phone.
Tags:business name
Reply Up