Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

Question What Size Diaper?

What size diaper should a 16 pound 6 month old be wearing? She is in a size 2 at day care but at home she wears a 3. Mom brought a box of 2s and they are getting snug on the baby. Kind of erks me they use a better brand and size of diapers and send smaller cheaper brand to daycare. Is there a size chart somewhere?
Old 12-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

It wont matter, they all do it. Smaller size = more for less

IMHO, It is better to provide diapers/wipes and charge.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What size diaper should a 16 pound 6 month old be wearing? She is in a size 2 at day care but at home she wears a 3. Mom brought a box of 2s and they are getting snug on the baby. Kind of erks me they use a better brand and size of diapers and send smaller cheaper brand to daycare. Is there a size chart somewhere?
They need the size that fits and WORKS, basically. If the 2's aren't containing the mess, then they need to move up. If you feel that the child needs 3's (and I'm sure that a 6 month old DOES need 3's), then I'd tell Mom that you need size 3's and hand her back ALL of the 2's when you do, so that she can't say that she expected you to use up the 2's.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Usually it's just whatever size and/or brand that works best.

If the size two diapers aren't working anymore at daycare, just let mom know you need the next bigger size for daycare.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:41 AM

I figure a smaller diaper
holds less and gets changed more. When they outgrow a size we seem to go through them quite fast. 🤓
Old 12-01-2016, 11:06 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post

This is what I did years and years ago. Raised rates across the board and included diapers and wipes. Pampers, dangit!

I would hand them back and tell her "These are too small! We will need size 3's tomorrow! Thanks!"

They probably have a bunch leftover and are trying to pawn them off on you.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post

I agree. I supply everything. I don't let parents bring me anything-bottles, diapers, wipes, blankets-nothing. I raised my rates by about triple my actual costs for providing this stuff, and am happy that I did. No more begging for diapers/wipes, no more trying to keep everyone's stash separate, no more wrong sizes...much easier. Not only can you raise rates, but everything you provide is deductible, too.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

I think diapers, like clothing, depends on the brand.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
...and I thought that just happened here! Comforts here; Huggies at home. I do not understand this. I have NOTHING against the bargain brand (as I use them on my own kids). Why buy/use two different kinds? I do not get it.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
This is what I did years and years ago. Raised rates across the board and included diapers and wipes. Pampers, dangit!

I would hand them back and tell her "These are too small! We will need size 3's tomorrow! Thanks!"

They probably have a bunch leftover and are trying to pawn them off on you.

Yup, I did the same thing. I got tired of handing diapers back. I got the "we're just trying to use them up" all the time. Yup, great, do it at home, im not dealing with more changes then I have to or leaks. Providing diapers/wipes etc has been great. Huge selling point to parents too as no one here provides them.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:36 PM

As soon as diapers start leaking I tell parents they need next size. I have found the sizes on the packages aren't always correct as body shapes can be so different. Pampers says size 2 is up to 18 lbs.
Maybe they have a few packs of the smaller ones to use up and they know you will go thru them faster than they would at home - sometimes we are changing a child 5-6 times a day where the parent is only changing them 2-3 times.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:54 AM
Day Care Owner

Diaper charts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 441474c4baf4b6f957826faaf3ddc756.jpg (23.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg llllllll.jpg (41.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-02-2016, 07:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

I just tell them they need the next size by the next day if it's not working for me. Not working equals leakage. More than one time in a few days is a problem.

Tags
diaper size, diapers - messy, diapers leaking, pet peeves