Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Parent Sheet
WImom 07:04 AM 03-30-2012
Does anyone have a small sheet of things for potiental parents to fill out at the interview?

Like the contact info for previous provider, Child's likes, dislikes.
Hours needed, Etc?

I have a interview set up for tonight and I haven't done one in awhile so I feel like I'm rusty at it.

Also does everyone here ask for previous provider info? I haven't in the past but I'm considering asking for now on. Do potienal clients seemed turned off by this?
CrayolaKids 07:08 AM 03-30-2012
Yep, after we go over the handbook I will give them my sheet to fill out and covers the days/times they are needing, previous provider and reason for leaving, if the child has been in daycare before, allergies, likes/dislikes, special circumstances, age/birth date, address and phone number...I think that's it. There is probably more but that's pretty much the basics of it.
Zoe 07:22 AM 03-30-2012
I found some interview sheets that get a basic idea of what the child is like. I don't ask for previous daycare info just because if I have a bad feeling about someone, I just go with my gut.

Here are the sheets if you're interested.
Attached: toddler_social.pdf (73.1 KB) infant_social.pdf (70.7 KB) 
MarinaVanessa 08:42 AM 03-30-2012
I have a small half sheet worksheet that I use during the first initial call and a full sheet worksheet that I use during the first interview. I HAVE to have a worksheet, I always forget stuff and get people mixed up so this helpes me keep my interviews in order.

The half sheet asks for the parents name, phone number, email, address, how they heard about us, start date they need, hours of care they need, what days of care they need, children's names, their ages, their gender, their DOB, their current child care arrangements, reasons they need child care, parents employer, location, work schedule, how long they've worked there, are they on subsity, what they expect from childcare, are they on another wait list, do they have backup child care, previous provider information and a spot to write down a date and time that an interview is scheduled.

The full sheet is to find out about the child and asks for both parents full names, the children's full names, phone number, whether each parent is working full or part-time, not working or absent, whether there's a custody order, special diet needs (no/limited sugar, no/limited salt, no meat, no/limited juice, no cow's milk, vegetarian/vegan). This is a great way to talk about how I follow the food program and how I only accomodate special meals if they are medically required otherwise they must provide the food. It also asks about the child's favorite activities, general observations about the child's development, diapering needs (how many hours/as needed, use diaper rash cream, whether child is prone to diaper rash), toilet training (is toilet trained, is toilet training in diaper, is toilet training in training diapers, is not toilet trained would like to introduce when), naps (no nap, nap routine, on demand), discipline (how do they discipline at home), entertainment that's ok (tv/how long, computers, game consoles), health (special needs based on health issues), allergies, is the child on medication, religious/spiritual preferences (does the child have special needs based on religeious issues), former caregiver information to make sure that all contract and payment obligations were met (name, phone, reason for leaving), 2 week notice given (have given, will give, will not give: reason), miscellaneous (will someone be available to pick the child up on time everyday, do you have emergency backup care, expectations of child care provider) and I leave a little extra space at the bottom for additional comments.

I write it out BTW. This and the half sheet form I fill out during both the phone and personal interview to make sure that I understand the answers and so I can write my own personal thoughts about the family. Hope this helps a bit and gives you some ideas.
WImom 10:57 AM 03-30-2012
Thanks everyone.
Blackcat31 11:01 AM 03-30-2012
Here are 10 questions I ask every parent to answer prior to interviewing. The answers give you insight on home life and parenting styles. There are no right or wrong answers and I feel as though they are worded in a manner that doesn't led the parent into answering how I would want them to.

1.) Please describe what qualities you are looking for in a child care provider:

2.) Please tell me a little bit about what you are looking for in regards to the environment:
(for example; are you looking for a large group for your child to learn social skills or are you looking for a small group so your child receives more one-to-one care)

3.) What do you find is the most difficult part of parenting? the easiest?

4.) Please describe your bed time expectations/routines
a) your meal time/expectations routines
b) your daily activities/routines

5.) Are there other adults in your child's life that are a source of influence, support, guidance and care giving?

6.) Are you a fairly scheduled family or do you prefer to take things as they come?

7.) What are the last 3 illnesses/situations that required your child to see a doctor?

8.) Would you describe your child as a leader, a follower or a little of both?

9.) Please tell me a little bit about your discipline methods both at home and in public

10.) What is your number one reason for seeking a home based child care vs. center care
Tags:interview, interview - checklist, interview - ideas, interview questions
Reply Up