Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interviewer Hugged Me and Kept Saying She Was a Good Person Who Wanted to Make...
Unregistered 06:36 PM 02-19-2020
people happy. Red flags ? So at the end of my interview, the lady hugged me. I was waiting for a handshake but she opened her arms. I'm kinda confused. I know hugs are nice, but idk. She said she was a good person like three times. Over the phone she said she had part time available but during interview she didn't?

I told her I was interested in part time because I want to start school. Then she told me how college works and how I'd talk to an adviser about it. I told her i was thinking about doing nursing and she was talking about that. Asking what kind of nurse. She was basically saying things I knew. Like I know how college works lol.

Also a lady from the first daycare center I worked at works at this one. She was friends with the teacher I reported. Not sure if they're still friends but idk how I feel about working with her. She's kinda off and I don't feel well around her lol.

My heart is saying yes but I think it's best to decline if she offers the job.
Michael 08:05 PM 02-19-2020
Always go with your instincts.
Cat Herder 02:29 AM 02-20-2020
I agree. Overly emotional, people pleaser, touchy/feely, I would have been squirming in my seat the whole time.

Maybe it's just menopause (big feelings) or social anxiety, but I'd be afraid of extreme mood swings.

I'd keep looking for a bit.
Josiegirl 03:00 AM 02-20-2020
Yeh, that's a bit too personal for a job interview IMO but then I'm not a huggy feely type. I'd keep looking and good luck!! Hope you find just the right fit!
Baby Beluga 07:00 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
people happy. Red flags ? So at the end of my interview, the lady hugged me. I was waiting for a handshake but she opened her arms. I'm kinda confused. I know hugs are nice, but idk. She said she was a good person like three times. Over the phone she said she had part time available but during interview she didn't?

I told her I was interested in part time because I want to start school. Then she told me how college works and how I'd talk to an adviser about it. I told her i was thinking about doing nursing and she was talking about that. Asking what kind of nurse. She was basically saying things I knew. Like I know how college works lol.

Also a lady from the first daycare center I worked at works at this one. She was friends with the teacher I reported. Not sure if they're still friends but idk how I feel about working with her. She's kinda off and I don't feel well around her lol.

My heart is saying yes but I think it's best to decline if she offers the job.
Go with your gut - it is there for a reason

Also, IME, people who say they are XYZ multiple times, especially in a short amount of time, turn out to be the complete opposite.
DaveA 08:28 AM 02-20-2020
The hug thing would be annoying to me but not necessarily a deal breaker. The bigger thing for me was the staff member I had a history with. There are several former coworkers I wouldn't work with again under any circumstances.

I'd keep looking in your shoes.
Tags:job interview, red flags
Reply Up