Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Help!
Unregistered 07:10 AM 06-29-2020
I just got an interview for a center (way smaller than the last one). So, my first ever paid centerjob was my last center and it ended badly after about 5 months. I have nanny experince prior to that and some OLD Sunday school volunteering experince. I have no professional refrences outside of my volunteer experince (not the Sunday school one) and my nanny job.

I'm concerned they will want to contact my last director for a refrence. I'm also 99% positive she's giving me a bad refrence. I may be overthinking it, but, should I bring the paper that shows I resigned? I think my previous director is telling prospective employers I quit.

I could just say, "Oh, I thought I had to bring this letter to show proof I resigned."??

What do I say to her if she asks why I left? I can't tell her the truth. UGH.
Unregistered 08:07 AM 06-29-2020
I’m pretty sure the only thing a former employer can tell a prospective employer is when you worked, like the dates only.
Cat Herder 08:42 AM 06-29-2020
The one question they will ask is "Is she eligible for rehire"? That is the most often used tool to find out how the relationship ended. They can't tell prospective employers specifics, but that one question is "code" across human resources.
Unregistered 09:50 AM 06-29-2020
Hm. They might say no. I reported some abuse happening in the center. They weren't too happy with it. I'm nervous. I need a job
Cat Herder 10:01 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hm. They might say no. I reported some abuse happening in the center. They weren't too happy with it. I'm nervous. I need a job
Did you work out your two week notice?

I really would not worry too much. Most daycare applicants have quit a center job or two because of bad culture fits (workplace culture, not discrimination ). Most directors know not every personality fits each center and will want to feel you out for themselves.
Snowmom 10:04 AM 06-29-2020
I wouldn't bring in anything like that.

Focus your interview on what you want in a job. Meaning: "I am looking for a position with a quality employer that will support employment with me long-term."

Long term and quality being your focus.

You can spin an interview to give your prospective employer the reasons WHY you left without actually bad mouthing the previous employer. You never want to give the impression you would speak ill of your employer. They will think you'll do the same to them.
Just highlight your strengths and wants!

Good luck.
Unregistered 11:27 PM 06-29-2020
[quote=Cat Herder;719393]Did you work out your two week notice?

/QUOTE]

No, the CEO cocered me into resignation and I resigned on the spot. I'm nervous to give childcare another chance. The first two were abusive. I don't want to report more people again. ugh.
Tags:interview - checklist
Reply Up