Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop in Contract
juliebug 10:37 AM 03-14-2011
ok so i am trying to get a contract together for drop in care. pretty much if i have an opening and you call you can come type thing but i am not holding spots for your kids. so help me out do you have one?? i have a good full time and part time one made up but the drop in one is just driving me nuts.
dEHmom 10:49 AM 03-14-2011
I have a weekly blank calendar. If they like to, they can "book" the spots, ahead of time, and they will be paid for regardless of if used or not.

OR they can call for vacancies.

OR they can fill in the calendars for the days they are looking for care, and should there be any last minute openings I can contact them to advise of the empty slot if they are wanting to use it.

Contract...

I just use my regular registration form for on file. They sign my handbook policy form and deposit form. And that's it. I don't contract a drop in. All policies apply, except for the supplies, and holidays.
Little People 11:34 AM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by juliebug:
ok so i am trying to get a contract together for drop in care. pretty much if i have an opening and you call you can come type thing but i am not holding spots for your kids. so help me out do you have one?? i have a good full time and part time one made up but the drop in one is just driving me nuts.
If you go to www.thedaycarelady.com she has great forms and I just checked and she has 3 drop in contracts
Abigail 07:37 PM 03-14-2011
Do you have any certain rules for dropins already? How do you charge for a dropin?
Abigail 08:45 PM 03-15-2011
Speaking of drop-in contracts, today and yesterday in our city was quite a few ads online looking for drop in care. I've seen so many over the past year too. If anyone does have a drop in contract or recommends doing this vs. this please share.
Abigail 02:41 AM 12-14-2011
lol, I was the last one to comment on this thread and my questions were not answered.
e.j. 05:50 AM 12-14-2011
My drop in rules are the same as my rules for anyone else enrolled here. The only difference is, the spot is not guaranteed. Parents looking for drop in care sign the same contract everyone else does. I just include a paragraph that describes what drop in care is, that it's available as long as I have an opening and it's convenient for me to take the child that day. I also ask them to let me know as soon as possible if they need to cancel.

I do like offering drop in care because it gives me a change to earn extra money. I haven't had any trouble with the kids or parents who come on a drop in basis so it's well worth it to me.
melissa ann 07:47 AM 12-14-2011
I don't normally do drop ins. However, I had a parent from my son's preschool ask if I could watch her child for the week after thanksgiving. I would pick her up from preschool and bring her back to my house. Since, the week before I lost 2 dck I had room so I agreed. Well, it ended up being just for Mon. Mom was going up state hunting with her dad, but her dad had a medical emergency. Then, this past Mon, she asked me if I could pick up her dd at preschool and watch her in the afternoon, she had to take her dad to some dr appt's. I said yes, Well, she called last night, that her dad had another medical emergency, and that she wouldn't need me for today. I'm thinking the next time to say no right from the start. This mom also told me around Thanksgiving that she wants to get on 1st shift as she is on 2nd now, and would need full time childcare for her dd. I would have to term a pt girl to do it. Not sure if I would as this mom has been unreliable.
Tags:contracts, drop in care, drop in contract
Reply Up