Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Think She Just Peed Herself on Purpose...
MG&Lsmom 11:24 AM 08-17-2011
I'm not totally sure, but I really do think DCG just peed herself on purpose to get out of napping. She had been asleep for 45 mins and DD slammed her bedroom door waking DCK up. I sent her right back to bed as she clearly needed more of a rest. She commenced with screeching for 10 minutes and then brought me her wet undies and skirt. It wasn't really wet, just enough to need to be changed. She had just completely emptied her bladder 2 mins prior to laying down. I changed her and put her back to bed. She's still screaming to get up. My DDs (5 & 7) are watching tv in the living room after finishing their summer school work for the day. DCK sees this and of course going back to bed is the last thing she wants to do.

ETA: DCD confirmed she pees herself to get out of doing things. Great. Pull ups at nap from now on.
jojosmommy 11:27 AM 08-17-2011
I've never had this happen but another daycare lady I know has it happen at the park a lot when one particular child doesn't want to be there anymore or doesn't get to play what she wants. YIKES! hopefully it won't happen again.
SimpleMom 11:43 AM 08-17-2011
Try having them wear a pull=up or plastic pants to nap with until they are dry for two weeks or so. This usually solves the problem when it's happened here. lol

Is there a hand-held game she could play or something to watch or color, read until the others wake up? Not sure how old they are, but that's another thing that helps here. Even if they don't sleep, it's something quiet to give everyone that down time.

Not sure if that helps! Good luck on it and hope it gets better for ya!
MG&Lsmom 11:58 AM 08-17-2011
She's 2.10y and "fully" trained at home. I looked back at her daily reports and the only accidents she's had here are nap related. And they've been while she's awake and screaming about having to stay on her mat. She's been with me for a month and Friday is her last day for a while (DCD got laid off). I went back in to tell her to stop screaming and she had pooped herself. I'm not sure that it was on purpose, but she's not capable of telling me she has to go in these cases. I'm going to require a pull up for the next two days. She had no idea how to be quiet during naptime if she's awake. I've tried everything. Not even watching a show keeps her quiet for more than 5 minutes.
Tags:bad behavior, pee, pee - on purpose
Reply Up