Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Make Of This?
Francine 03:49 AM 01-07-2014
I have a three year old little guy that seemed fine yesterday morning, after his nap he looked like maybe he didn't feel quite up to par but he didn't have a temp so I wasn't really concerned. His Mom got here to pick him up and he said that he didn't feel well " The bees are making me sick" that's all he will say. Got a text from his mom last night she said that all he had done all evening was lay around, obviously not feeling well but not showing any symptoms and only saying " the bees are making me sick"

My DH thought maybe his ears were buzzing or something, we are stumped. Anybody have any thoughts?
melilley 04:57 AM 01-07-2014
That is really strange!
Maybe his ears are buzzing or maybe he ate too much honey? Odd. He didn't explain it anymore, like mentioning his ears or belly or anything?
Francine 05:08 AM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
That is really strange!
Maybe his ears are buzzing or maybe he ate too much honey? Odd. He didn't explain it anymore, like mentioning his ears or belly or anything?
Nope didn't say anything hurt, he ate just an applesauce cup for snack here yesterday and didn't eat any dinner. He slept all night, doesn't have a temp and isn't complaining of anything today so I'm just going to keep an eye on him. My biggest concern is that he is a kid that seems to have odd illnesses, not odd really I guess but for example last summer I noticed he didn't look good, felt his forehead and found it hot so I took his temp, it was 103! His mom came and got him, took him up the street to the Peds office and his temp was normal. Mom took him home and put him down for his nap, got him up and his temp was 105!!!!! He ended up with pneumonia and had to be hospitalized because oral antibiotics didn't work, he didn't have any symptoms at all that I would normally associate with pneumonia. This has happened a few times with the up and down temp. The weather here is terrible and she works 1/2 hour away from my house, I hate to have to call her to come get him but it wouldn't surprise me.
Play Care 05:39 AM 01-07-2014
That's how the Infantago debacle of 2012 started in my day care...

Note to self, if "mosquito" bites spread rather than go away, SEND THEM HOME!!
Francine 04:33 PM 01-07-2014
So today he was fine all morning, after his nap during snack I asked him if he felt okay, he said " no, the bugs are hurting my feet" I thought maybe his feet were sleeping or something so I started rubbing his feet and asked if they felt better. He said " yeah" so I told him to show me where it hurt, he said " right there " and pointed to the top of his foot. As I was washing him up after snack I noticed that he felt warm so I took his temp, 102.9, I called his Mom but them took it again about 10 minutes later 103.0. Just before Mom got here I took it again 101.7. It took Mom at least 40 minutes to get her because she works in a neighboring town and the weather is horrible. This kid has temps like this all the time, about half the time the Doc can't find anything wrong with him. If he follows his normal pattern he will be fine tonight now, fine in the morning but then spike again sometime tomorrow. I feel bad for this Mom, she is a single Mom with no help from now until March because the boys Dad and Grandparents go to Florida every winter.
missy 11:46 PM 01-07-2014
If he ends up with a rash it could be Roseola. They usually run a random fever for a few days then, bam, the rash.
Tags:sickness
Reply Up