Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>MN CCAP Question...
MissK 05:28 PM 08-08-2012
So daily rate (more than 5 hrs) is 21.03 and weekly (more than 35 hrs week) is 105.16 for my county. But what if a family is here 6 days every day each week? They're eligible for the daily, but under the weekly. Is it still 105.15 pd for that week?

Thanks for your help!!
Blackcat31 08:36 PM 08-08-2012
The state will tell you the max amount reimbursable both weekly and daily (as well as hourly) on the front of the families Service Agreement. YOU get to decide if you want to charge by the week, day or hour.

How do you normally bill families? Daily or weekly rates?
They will pay $105.16 if you bill by the week but they will pay $126.18 if you bill by the day.

Regs say to bill using the method you normally do with all other families.
kayla 07:54 AM 08-09-2012
my county accountant will put it in for the max rate no matter what
MissK 05:28 AM 08-10-2012
Thanks guys. My daily x 5 basically does equal my weekly (off by 0.01) so it's great I'll get that even if they're here under the 35 weekly but at the 6 hr necessary daily. I'm really just running into an issue when my parents go over their authorized hours. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to expect in payment so I know what to collect from my parents...
Blackcat31 08:52 AM 08-10-2012
Originally Posted by MissK:
Thanks guys. My daily x 5 basically does equal my weekly (off by 0.01) so it's great I'll get that even if they're here under the 35 weekly but at the 6 hr necessary daily. I'm really just running into an issue when my parents go over their authorized hours. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to expect in payment so I know what to collect from my parents...
You should be able to figure what the rate is that you are going to be paid and then know how many extra hours/days that you need ot charge the parents.

For example, if you bill hourly and the parent only has 40 hours every two weeks but uses 50, then x's the 40 hours by whatever the state pays per hour and the difference is what the parent owes.

I charge weekly so I automatically charge the family $150. The state onl reimburses me $136.04 so I know I automatically charge the parent $13.96 each week PLUS any co-pay they have. Make sense?

If you need any help in figuring out all that or making a plan so that you can figure the rate easily, PM me and I will give you my phone number (or send yours ) and we can chat live and maybe I can help.
Reply Up